Monday, August 10, 2026

ももゼラチン - II

After walking past the peaches so many times, I finally cracked and gave in to temptation. Since I was already at Donki grabbing dinner for the girls, I decided to wander over to the fruit aisle. 

It turns out that not all Donki outlets are the same! The Jewel branch only had one type of peach, but the Square 2 outlet had two different kinds. Naturally, I went with the sweeter ones.


on 5th Aug 


9th Aug
After days of procrastination aka laziness, finally got into action. Saw another video so used this recipe instead. 


credit to @sachi.cafe

Mistakes I made : (1) I couldn’t find a clear peach flavoured water so bought the tetra pack. I didn’t realise it’s mixed veg & fruit drink 🤦🏻‍♀️. (2) I cut my peaches too small but coz I was also experimenting with a new container so wasn’t sure if I should have cut bigger pieces + I was eating them 🤭. You know Japanese always have the daintiest size things, my loaf tin is huge. When I compare all the containers I have at home, the container that I used eventually is by far the best choice. 


Sugar level for canned DyDo Torokeru Peach Nectar is 10%. Sugar level for tetra packed Kagome Yasai Seikatsu 100 (white peach) is 9%. I didn’t add any sugar in my jelly, not sure will hubby even want to eat 🤭


Original recipe : 


材料(20cmパウンド型)

回桃 2個

い・ろ・は・すもも 200ml

ロ不二家ネクターピーチ 350ml

回牛乳 50ml

口砂糖大さじ3

四粉ゼラチン 15g



Steps for top clear layer :
(1) Bowl A - 150ml of I LOHAS Momo White Peach Flavored Water
(2) Bowl B - 50ml of I LOHAS Momo White Peach Flavoured Water. Mix with 5g gelatine powder. Use microwave to heat
(3) Pour contents from Bowl B into A and mix

In total the recipe uses 200ml of flavoured water. But I read wrongly and only used 150ml, I scooped out the 50ml from the 150ml. So will my jelly be hard? 🤣


The square container I’m using as a mold requires x2 portion. Meaning I poured 300ml of my wrongly purchased drink, scooped out 100ml and mixed with 10g gelatine powder and heat over the stove while stirring. Transferred back to the remaining 200ml liquid and stir


Pour into bowl. Set it for 1hr 


Ingredients and steps for milk layer : 
(1) Bowl A : 250ml DyDo Torokeru Peach Nectar + 50ml milk 
(2) Bowl B : 100ml DyDo Torokeru Peach Nectar + 3 tablespoon of sugar + 10g gelatine. Heat in 600w oven for 1 min


Again, I reduced the amount. I only used in total 250ml of DyDo Torokeru Peach Nectar. Scooped up 100ml from here and mixed with gelatine. Didn’t add sugar at all


Finger crossed this turns out well


🥁*********DRUMROLL*********🥁

10th Aug (Mon) 

The verdict is in! 🍑
Taste-wise, it’s actually not bad, but I definitely made a rookie mistake. I decided to throw in a fruit and vegetable drink, and let’s just say it did not play nice with the milk peach base!
When I asked my hubby for his thoughts, he just nodded. Classic. Honestly, I’m not entirely sure if he actually likes it without the extra sugar! Personally, I’m a fan of this version—the subtle sugar from the base drink is plenty sweet for my palate.
That being said, if I were making this as a gift for someone else, I’d definitely stick strictly to the original recipe! 🤭



Let’s talk about another kitchen lesson learned: size matters! I made the mistake of cutting my pieces way too small. If I'm being honest, it's because I was busy sampling them (hey, they were delicious!). Unfortunately, those tiny pieces couldn't hold onto the gelatine well, resulting in a few stray gelatine bits chilling at the bottom of the container.

Finally, let's talk about the mold. I’ve been trying to keep things minimal by just using a square container I already had at home, but honestly? It’s way too wide to look right and ruined the aesthetic. What I really need is a sleek, narrow mold exactly like the one she used. 

No comments: