Sunday, August 19, 2007

*tik tuk tik tak*

Tik tuk tik tak, tik tuk tik tak - that's how my Athena describes her heartbeat when she's scared.

And scared I was this morning. I didn't get to sleep much (only 3+ hrs on Friday night) so was hoping to get a good sleep the night on Saturday night. Somehow I know I'm tired but I can't sleep... and then my hubby kept tossing and turning in bed made me so wide awake even more.

Then at close to 4am, heard hubby sighing away. It took us half an hour to finally decide to see the doctor coz' it didn't seem normal. I don't even know the nearest 24hours clinic around Punggol so we decided to go slightly further to TTSH instead of CGH - quite well known to be not so good. (Heard so much and personally had this experience too)

I thought the A & E would be very crowded, perhaps not so on a Saturday / Sunday wee morning. I can't say about Sundays when people try their luck for *ahem* MC on the following Monday.
Hubby had to have his blood and X-Ray taken. And I was so worried coz' he kept clutching where his kidney is.

He was observed for 2 hours and he kept asking me to rest in the car. Yah! I rest in the car, I die of carbon monoxide might as well rest in the hospital premises. Stayed around and noticed the number of ambulances coming in with teens, policemen around. Must be teens having fights outside pubs etc... Goash! What are the kids up to these days?! In a few years too, I'll be holding a tight rein over my 2 teenage daughters.

Finally, at 6+ doctor gave the clearance, medication and off we go.

At 7+, we were so exhausted and went to bed. The 2 kids obviously didn't know what happened rather they didn't even know we left the house.

No comments: