Friday, August 24, 2007

In Memory

In memory of my paternal grandma who left us on 21st August 2007.


1908 - 2007
Our mood were different during the wakes, we were contemplating if we should wear colourful clothes to celebrate her new life with God but our discussion somehow stopped.

On Friday, we came in blacks & whites since no one mentioned anything after that. I decided to bring my two girls along ( turned out the only great grandchildren who were present ) to see her through her final journey. I know some elders will tell me off for exposing my young children in such inauspicious event especially so at this time of the month, but I guess this is not the time to be pan-tang especially so for my own family member.
Everything was okay, until the time we had to leave the house for Mandai Crematorium & Columbarium. Needless to say, all the talks about her starting a new life with God are craps - really crap, we just didn't want to leave her body; we couldn't cope emotionally. Everyone just burst into tears. The rests of the events after that will be kept in my memory.

The photo of her above is like what we call her trademark action "Hmm! I'm not telling you / I don't want." She is very child-like and funny......perhaps its her very happy and carefree nature. So like what Aunty and Father said, she had her eyes closed and she left with no worries at all.

I will miss her calling me "Ah Gor" instead of "Ah girl." I will miss our blackjack games (where I'll cheat.. and she'll 'chide me')

Thank you grandma.

Dec 2002 - carrying her first great-granddaughter, Athena

* A pity I did not have any of her carrying Aricia


PS : Thank you to friends who sent their condolences and paid their last respects to my grandma.

No comments: