Thursday, August 16, 2007

Mumblings Part 2

"Mummy.. I cannot........"
She always say this when she gotta practice her violin in the original speed. But she can do it what? In class, Ms Low makes it from slow to the original speed, and she has no problem.
Think she's deliberately taunting me.

In a world of her own
I do notice that Athena will at some point in her class (both violin & YJC) start to daydream. Then she gets hyperactive and Peggy will (most of the time) tell her "Athena, no!" coz' she'll be deliberately putting her finger on the piano when Peggy is playing. Sometimes I feel like going up to her in class and slap her fingers.

Noisy kids
After YJC, the kids will all get too noisy, especially Jachelle, Athena, Eliz and recently Faith who has finally opened up to the crazy 3 kids. They will yak and yak in the small lift, very noisy. Then laugh loudly.. the time in the lift from 3rd floor to B3 is ear torturing.
I commented my kids dunno why at night so hyper. I tried to calm the 2 of them down by playing soothing music only to have them dancing and Athena jumping about.Suzanna said I probably drank coffee while preggie. I told her I'm not a coffee drinker, but I forgot to metion to her that I'm a chocoholic.

Your teacher ; your mother?
Chatted with Suzanna yesterday (Wed) in the morning after dropping the kids.
Somehow she came to a part where she mentioned she mothers her students. I thought it is nice to have a teacher who's also a mother so can help to mother your child. Of course I'm not saying that I will push my responsibility as a mother away, but it'll be nice that you have someone to lecture your child when you're not there or when they're having lessons. Having said so, I kindda made the comment having an older teacher is better than those younger teacher. And she did mention that alot of young teachers can't handle boisterous students and went to see him (he's a doctor) which he had to later refer them to IMH.
Come to think of it, what's happening to our kids these days? Under the influence from TV?

Why why why?
I hate my self for not being a good artist. If i can draw, I can prepare her flashcards , esp those done from songs to make into the flashcards... I've got good ideas but it takes time to find the images on the web etc.. sians

Dead fish came back alive
On Wednesday night, Suzanna said I look so refreshed. Of course lah, after the exercise (altho' I think it's really not enough) and facial which scrubbed off my moh-peng face. The inner skin shows finally! Ha!
Goash! I think I really look like a dead fish all these while....can you believe it? The last time I went facial was last November?? And I kept thinking it was before this CNY?

My one day break
Decided that one day break from everything and dump Aricia at home on Wednesday. Dowan to think; dowan to think so much....
I feel so guilty and awkward to skip that session with her. It has come to a stage where it has become a routine liao and "I have to do it" rather than out of love I'm doing it. Isn't flashing then is no use??
Will I do this again? I'm sure some time in the future when I've reached that point when I'm over exhausted - yes I will.

What goes around comes around
It's really funny, this phrase doesn't just mean 'karma.' During the last weekend, in a noisy coffeeshop this was what happened.
Somehow next table's mummy commented to her son "you see that mei-mei can eat on her own...." (pointing to Athena). After some time, I commented to Athena "you see that di-di finish his meal already... quickly finish your meal". Probably it went around or not, I dunno.... but after that I overheard one father telling his even much younger son, "you see that mei-mei just sit to eat and eat." And who was taking all the credit?? My little Aricia who's the youngest there around our table.

I don't want! I don't want!
Aricia, like her che-che like to taunt me leh... On Wednesday we decided to let her sleep between us. And prior to that, she kept playing and taking her pacifier to hit me. Ouch! And she never did that to hubby.
When she knew I was playing along with her, she kept offering her pacifier to me. I cover my eyes, she puts it back in her mouth. I open up my hands to reveal my eyes, she takes it from her mouth to give it to me. Yeeks! So smelly!


Day out - Thursday
Brought Aricia out with me as I ran my errands. But so unlucky that she had to poop in the car and dirtied her romper. In the toilet (no changing table), I had to wash her clean and decided to wash that dirty part of the romper, otherwise how to carry her. Even more suay, as I struggled to wash with that ever clingy girl, I dropped the whole romper in the basin which had water running. Argh!
Can't dry in time... carry clingy kid to the hand dryer to dry her clothes.
People walk in and out, until one very very nice lady asked if I needed help to buy clothes after I told her I will need to go over to buy a new set of clothes for her. Coz' we were in TP Entertainment Centre, there were not even a shop to sell towel to wrap her up and dash to somewhere.. She kept offering to help me, and guess what she offered me later "or perhaps you take my jacket to cover her first; otherwise she catch a cold. You can return me later, I'm dining in Swensens."
I thought it's so nice to finally have someone who's so helpful and nice. Apparently I think those people who were walking in and out were not humans. Eeeks! Somemore what month now??
In the end, I decline her kind offer and dried the romper as much as I can & went to a nearby shop (which she found out for me where) to get her a set of clothes.
Umm.... teach me a lesson. I used to bring extra sets of clothes with Athena, 5 years later I totally forgot all this.

Number 3?
This thought came about when I bumped into Alyse last Friday(who's now 5mths preggie). I asked to touch her baby Jayden, and then she commented "quick quick touch then have Number 3." I freaked out!
And coincidently I was reading Moo Han's and Mel's blog they were commenting about No.3.
They had all good things going for them, I'm over exhausted with Aricia. Too active liao!
No way! No number 3!

2 comments:

Karmeleon said...

If she's just practising, then it's best to do it at a slow speed so that all the notes are correct first. Also the rhythm.

When everything is just about right, then work on speeding up a little .

Lily Ann said...

Yes, she can do it alright in class... meaning she was just trying her luck with me at home.