Thursday, August 30, 2007

Cha-pa-lan

Fortune?
I don't understand why people are so hardcore gamblers that they look for every number in the car licence plate; death certificate number etc...
And I witnessed one relative having the number written on her hand and showing it to mom. Mom just turned away. As it is, mom don't really buy. Come on! Even if someone is going to win the lottery, the deceased will bless her own family members what?!
When I brought up this topic to mom, she also asked me "you go and buy lah!" In the first place, I didn't even notice the numbers. Please lah! Mourning still got time meh? And anyway, yours truly don't buy lottery. But I just can't tolerate people who are so bloody insensitive to others' feelings.

Nobody likes me.................
Athena complained to KZ on Thursday that nobody likes her "my daddy don't like me, my mummy don't like me, Aunty Zet don't like me. Everybody don't like me. Everybody only like mei-mei."
On Friday, she happened to mention this again. So I asked her how did she derive that we didn't like her. She mentioned that everyone likes to carry mei-mei, nobody carries her until I explain the reason why (she's heavy + we show love in different ways)
Sister was asking me if Athena is the jealous sort, coz' at the service chapel she noticed Athena turned back and had her hand stretched out asking me for mei-mei's biscuit, while the pastor was talking - and my expression was a hard stare at her (but I later did give her a piece)

Speaking of which >>
Sister did say "dunno if it's parenting style or what...."
I did clarify that she everything whatever the mei-mei has; she must have. Cannot lose out. Very irritating is the way she asks me for the biscuit like very yao-gui like that.
Perhaps sister is also right. I find that I can manage being a mother for one, but for two I can't handle well. Especially things like sibling rivalry or arguments in the future. (Time being is the Blockbuster put up by the two of them when they're screaming at each other in the house)

Breathless!
Since she kept whining that we don't carry her... I asked her to sit on my lap in the car. Oops! I see TP's red light flashing as I'm typing this now. And that pui pui girl......sat on me; leaned on me (my bulging tummy was flattened and can't inflate as I breathe out) - and I was breathless when I felt my body including my chest couldn't expand out. Goash! She's a starking contrast to her sister! When I told hubby and was trying to catch deep & big breathes; sticking out my tongue he laughed at me. See! How am I suppose to carry her? And dunno if still can carry her... coz' it's like still less than one year after my C-section.

What did you see??
Out of curiousity and heard from a parent in Shichida about the answer she got from her son, I decided to ask Athena this question :
M : Athena, what did you see when you were inside mummy's tummy
A : Nothing
M : Nothing? Can you describe to mummy if it was bright or dark
A : Dark. Black black
M : What were you doing inside?
A : Sleeping
M : You didn't play toys?
A : No, I'm sleeping
M : Did you eat when you were inside
A : No. I never eat (technically correct right? Since it's thru umbilical cord)
M : What is inside?
A : Water. I am swimming
M : (huh?)
M : Can you hear daddy and mummy's voice?
A : I dunno..... (continues to play toys)
Try asking your child this question


Sound of Music
Watched this on Cinemax or was it HBO a few days back. What surprised me was she was singing abit here & there to 3 songs. She was happy when Edelweiss was sung and she started singing almost the whole song.
Then she started shouting "mummy, mummy... I remember this place. We went there to sit horse horse you remember?" "Where were we. Where is this place?" "Far far away, must take aeroplane."
Alot of people always comment that children can't remember a single thing when they're travelling. Yes, she's been to so many places that she can't even remember. But she vividly remembers where we went to when she was 2+.

My name is Chen Zhao
Athena has this very funny antic of writing her name. Just because she complains that her 'ling' is "very difficult to write. Dua-kim also dunno how to write my name" she decides not to write it. And so, she ended up with Chen Zhao. I asked her are you suppose to be writing this way throughout her life. Her answer is "Yes!"


Teacher's Day
Goash! I've been too busy that I forgot about Teacher's Day. This year (for obvious reasons - forgetfulness) I couldn't prepare the gifts personally for them, just bought gifts for her 2 teachers. And also I didn't order any cakes for the whole school as what I did in the previous years. Why? First, I really forgot. Second, there are a few old ladies who aren't teachers but helpers and I can't stand them! And every year they eat and eat, they are still so rude to me. I buay gum guan.

My week
On Sunday night, after hubby left the country, I started my 'illegal printing in the night' again on my Japanese songs. And I'm so happy to say, I've completed 3. I think I'm going crazy.... but it's really interesting & addictive to do them into songs, and now I feel like doing for French & German songs. Yes! I am crazy coz' I don't even understand the 2 languages. Through translation, I get to brush up on my Japanese too. Umm.......maybe I should work for Shichida since I enjoy making flashcards.

Then I decide to stop for the time being, coz' I needed to keep the printer.
And so I did.........I must admit I feel so odd. It's like printing cards has become my routine; my life; my air.
Suddenly my afternoons are left a little bit free. I spend slightly more time with Aricia; update my blog but can't finish (so it's left until now to post it) and I've borrowed a book for myself from the library. But ultimately this is what I hope to do. Probably I should set one week of each month to prepare flashcards. During that time, KZ will have to help me more with caring for Aricia. While the other 3 weeks I'll spend more time with her. Good idea??

Everyone have their own life
You know mom ever mentioned to me that since her mom (my maternal grandma) died, she felt that there's not much reason for her to go back to Muar. And then relations between her and her siblings aint that close anymore. Then she warned us, the 3 of us had to stick together no matter what! I can't say much about me sticking close to my sister - the mule(she calls me donkey) - coz' she did kick me down the stairs. I will take revenge!!! Haha!
We don't meet our cousins that often. Probably once a year when and if grandma celebrates her birthday. But now that she's left us, what other excuses do we have?
Then I thought of asking my cousins to come to my house for Xmas or New Year.. so at least we still stay close.
But isn't it a little late? Grandma not here.

Stupid helper / choy!
I cannot tolerate the helper in mom's place. Always want to kapo kapo here and there. I usually have the time to pop upstairs at mom's place after I drop Athena in school. Sometimes I'll be playing with Iggy when mom's feeding or bathing. Then she must come in to join in the fun. Very irritating! I sent her off away from us. Please lah! Give this gu-gu a chance to play with him alone mah!
Then yesterday, she irks me even more. I was changing Aricia's diapers when she happened to be there and helped me throw the diaper away. And then she started commenting "her poo always this colour?" I replied her since I thought it's just a casual remark. And guess what the CNN went to broadcast to my SIL after I went back home?? That Aricia's poo is the same colour as Iggy. And Aricia has got dot dot on her body like Iggy, Iggy spread to her and she's going to see the doctor.
What the #@!& ??? When did I say she's going to see the doctor for this? When did she see Aricia's body got dot dot? To clarify further, Iggy had mock measles. Choy! Cursing my girl!
Last night, my helper decided to follow me. So when their helper commented that again. KZ quickly snapped her off. "No, my baby Aricia don't have. These are insect bites. My Aricia okay..."
When helper told me that, I laughed and deep inside I'm glad she jumped into our defence and shut that girl up.

Never work and only know how to spread words. What the heck they hire her for? To come and talk rubbish?!

Mom has been complaining that she's too lazy and purposely take her time to do housework around the house. And of course when her 'mom' - my SIL - comes back she pretends to be still working around the house. She very sah-kah. I didn't get to see the sah-kah part but I can see she purposely gelak gelak around the house and doing so slowly. Sometimes I really do see her sweeping and mopping sister's room in the late afternoon, when I'm there to pick Athena up from school. So what was she doing during the time I'm not there??

And you know what? She's been looking into people's things. Looking at people's statements etc...
How can she do this? She's too much already. Honestly, this is a good way to send her off.
Mom is caught in between, she told her off a few times over housework. Tell her off nicely, she'll say mom scold her. Helper like don't bother - obviously in her eyes has no respect for mom. SIL never mention anything. So the helper macam like rule the world. And then I so worried if one day that crazy woman will take a chopper and kill Iggy and mom. Oh! I remember, the time she finally show respect to mom is to ask mom what to eat for lunch?
Speaking of which, mom says helper hates to cook so always find excuses and pretend to act busy.

When they did dine out. Asks her what she wants to eat... she always choose the most expensive ones! yao-gui,贪心. At home... she won't eat overnight food. What! In Indonesia they don't even have food, here she dare to choose!

Goash! If she's my helper, I would have screamed & scolded her. And have the MOM people coming to me to see if I'm abusing my helper. Thank God, KZ is a good help and most important (as I reiterate to her on the first day she is here, where I gave her a briefing and a time-table on what she has to do) is her good attitude. That's why sometimes I do dote on her as my little sister.

You know what I feel like doing? But I'm not her employer leh! Tell her off. I cannot stand people like her.

My thoughts as an employer
Alot of people say I am really lucky to have KZ, I think so too.... after seeing the 2 helpers they have. One - the Sadako (worshipping the water boiler), and the second is the current one. Alot of people warn about Indonesians helper coz' they like to 'geng' and how good Myanmar helpers are. Of course I always cite there's the good and bad in every nationalities' helpers, it really depends on your luck. But on the other hand, I think it also depends on how the employer handles the helper. I hold a tight rein over KZ in the initial part. Even now, when she does something wrong I tell her off. When she does something extra, I thank her. I reward her when I can.
So, is it due to bad luck that they get helpers like the 2 of them? I don't think so, it's how the employer handle them. You give them chance, if they don't improve - send them back. If it's their attitude, tell them off. Don't improve? Send them back! Why must I tolerate 2 years of nonsensical work from them??

Would you or would you not?
Was talking to Suzanna on Tuesday morning after we drop our two chor-loh princesses in school. She's off on Tuesdays so we usually have the time to chat, if not she's rushing off back home to start teaching piano and me to the gym ( I also work what?! I work out even harder)
Anyway, topic of the day was ligation. She had hers done after she delivered Jachelle. She did mention about her gynae hesistant to do it, until I remembered the age limit - 35. Can someone explain to me whether this is a normal age all gynaes set or what? I remember Helen's gynae also refused to so it for her until she reaches 35.
But.... I won't ligate. I think I'll rather choose other alternatives. I kindda don't understand how a person ligate still can have menses. I mean the fallopian tube is tied, how are the unfertilized eggs suppose to travel to the womb for the next menstrual cycle?? And then there's heavier menses I read?? Huh?

No comments: