Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Grandma

Grandma has been called home to the Lord this morning - 7.30am. (Feel like slapping myself for not making a quick visit on Sunday morning after hubby finished his consultation at TTSH. Too late for regrets) Grandma is 99 or 100 this year? Very old liao.........people say "it's okay.. old already." Quite true but yet again, there's a tinge of sadness when you have a loved one leaving you forever. Perhaps my siblings and myself wouldn't feel as sad as my cousins who were taken care of by her (though my father is the only son). But I shall remember how she'd come over to my house every CNY and we'd played Blackjack with Monopoly $$. How I'd struggle with my Teochew with her. The stories she told me of her wedding and how she kicked my grandfather out on the wedding night. Haha!

She has seen grandchildren getting married and having children of their own - great grandchildren. 5 to be exact. Fortunately, she was around when Iggy (the only great grandchild to carry on the surname Teo) celebrated his full month.
Meanwhile, I shall take a break and write when I'm free........ (sians... hubby just flew this morning. So suay! So gotta struggle with kids & the daily visits. Cremation this Friday.)


* Note : will put in photos at a later date *

No comments: