Thursday, August 9, 2007

Mumblings

Goash! This is the first time, I've had my laptop on but I've never even gone into my blog page. I'm more of less done with what I had to do, I'll do the rests slowly. I'm very tired; looking much like a panda Smilies. Working late till 3 to 4am, sometimes my mind just shuts off like that even when I'm staring into the screen, I felt like a zombie. Then I'd rather plonk to bed..no energy to suck blood Smilies

So, how did I manage to do so much within the week?? I was printing and printing in my room. Literally waking up at 7am as usual, started working all the way till 3+am. I didn't have to worry waking up hubby. Of course in between during the day I had to shower the two girls, give lessons. Would have been better if Athena is not here, I don't care about her for the whole week and Aricia is 100% under the care of KZ except for the flashcards sessions.

You might have remembered I mentioned that Athena didn't attend school for the first 3 days of the week (last week). Actually this is the good time to give Athena her assesment books and more music revision. But no, it was the opposite instead. I gave her all the freedom, lucky her! But she ended up with nothing to do, except to cycle around the house in her bicycle; playing a little of her games; napping (ai yah! the best way to take care of a child is to make her/him sleep. Now i know why babysitters say it's easy to take care of 2 or more children at one go. You think they can be bothered to play with your child?? ) and the most irritating part?? she kept chanting this "Superman, spiderman, Ali Baba, Chicken man." And I really wonder what's that chicken man about??

I tell you she went berserk, no law, no screaming from me. She was behaving like a sum-seng gia. Better if she did something useful in replacement of her missed lessons in school but I have no choice. I had to finish what I needed to do by the week.

I am really thankful for helper's help in taking care of Aricia.

I am a hypocrite, I'm supposed to love my child and spend time with them but in the end I'm ignoring them.

The 2 weeks in a glance :

Monday
She rested at home. Nose drippy, had medication so self-medicate first

Tuesday - 31st Aug
Thought she'd be well to attend school. So was ready to gym today, all geared up until I hear her sniff like crazy. Zipped to the doctor's.
Really strange? Athena has been coughing for quite awhile already but no medication seems to stop her cough. Was it the phlegm that causes her nose to drip drop? Doctor said no. And her lungs are clear - that's what many doctors say. So what's the problem?

Athena has her violin lesson, too bad I can't miss it coz' it's rather hard to catch up if you miss one lesson. And her runny nose didn't look so bad. Anyway, if she has been playing around actively the whole day, she's definitely alright.

After her lesson, the children all ran down to the playground to play. She looks so cute when she was running towards the playground with the violin on her back with the other children. When she threw down her bag on the floor and ran to the playarea, I almost bite my tongue. Couldn't scream coz' I was with Raj and Hiroe.

Had our dinner in the food court after that. She kept asking to go Sakae, I avoided walking that area coz' she's still barred from going there.
At the food court, there was a 3yr old girl with her mummy. And she's really cute... she talks alot; speaks very maturely and asks alot of "whys". I'm glad Athena didn't bombard me with all the 'whys' in the world, I wouldn't have any idea how to answer her.
That girl was so talkative, and when Athena sat in a very ugly manner I heard her asking her mom "mummy, why did that che-che open coffee-shop??" Felt rather embarrassed and asked Athena to sit properly.
Chatted with the mom and then realised that she doesn't have any young friends, she mainly mixes with her grandparents and aunties - which I explain that she is probably mature in the way she speaks. So she didn't need Shichida to make her smart. And her mummy speaks rather well too, suspect she might be an overseas graduate. I wish Athena have half of that girl's sensibility!

She asked to buy a balloon. And I obliged, got her this : -

It was a good choice coz' I thought this is the nicest Hello Kitty balloon of all.

Wednesday
Oh no! Aricia got a little of drippy droppy from her little nosey. Like one crazy mother, brought her to see the doctor again. Wah... two kids in two different days to the same doctor.
Aricia put on weight. Yippee! 6.28kg - happy or not? Dunno if she'll triple her birth weight at 12 months. Meanwhile doctor says "oh my... she's so agile. Move really fast"

Can't get mom to help care for Athena while I attend the PTM coz' didn't want to risk mom getting the germies. And then I decided I shall miss the YJC's PTM. Sms-ed Jenny & Suzanna about it.
Just as I'm still worried about the 2's sniffy snuffles, Suzanna sms-ed me back with a message to pray for the hostages in Afghanistan. They'd kill them at 3 - 3.30pm if not met with their demand. Then I thought about how those hostages parents would feel. What I'm worried about for my children can't be compared to the anxiety they're going through right now.

She looks alright hor? So alright to the extent that she's learnt how to tie a ponytail (quite messy - but oh well at least she tried) and put clips on her sides; looking like an alien.


Good thing I didn't go PTM, heard nothing much. And I also took the opportunity to do as much as I can. Meanwhile my blank flashcards are running low. I think I should place order again, this time I shall order $200 worth so that I can get the delivery to my house. (I drove down to collect those heavy stacks of papers - to an ulu place. And no way am I going back to Pioneer Road that area!)

Thursday
She's fit to attend school, so sent her off gleefully (her ranting about the superman, spiderman was really driving me crazy) *phew! wipe perspiration off my forehead *

Jefferson, my ex Personal Trainer sent me a sms informing me that he had got into SIA and will start training end of this month. He did seem interested to join SIA but was hesistant, until I told him to never give up trying. Must have the 'never say die' attitude mah...
Then gave me (hopefully) a sound advice - go in with a good attitude, everything will be smooth sailing for you.
I did, and even the nasty or Top10 IFS didn't scare me at all.

Afternoon, was playing with Aricia when I noticed the top right tooth has finally grown. Hip hip hooray. So now, she has 4 small ones.

Athena : Had to let her stay overnight at mom's coz' I needed to attend the Home Practice Session. Turned out too, it was a wasted trip. It was mainly Q & A, and mainly asked by the same people. One Indian lady kept asking questions - very irritating.
Then to make it worse, another Indian lady kept asking "am I doing correct?" I dunno what the heck she was there for. She had to brag about her kid "my son is 2yrs old, I put a map of the world in my room , he can tell me all the capital cities around. Am I doing correct?" I know every parent in Singapore is really anxious about their children. She's doing like how any kan-cheong mummy is doing, but she needed have to brag it all out everytime she picks up the microphone to ask a question. Obviously whatever she is doing is not Shichida method, but hey! it's not wrong. But since you're in a Shichida school, ask Shichida questions.
No offence intended but we all know that Indians are very vocal people, but please give others a chance!
Another lady, sounded like from HK, also kept asking question on how to prepare flashcards. And kept telling us that she can't print etc... ay.... if she wants to complain or find out more, talk to them later lah!
They kept talking about 'preparing your own flashcards coz' your child will feel the love' blah blah. In my mind, I'm thinking that is if we don't over exhaust and die, how the heck will a child feel our love then? I guess there's always the boundary in that statement.
They also mentioned never to prepare anything in powerpoint coz' child can't feel it coz' technically it's between child & computer. So I brought it out when mentioned about "you mention no long break for the 65 days Math program and no powerpoint. So how when you have a trip?" Only to get them to bloody like putting me infront of a wall to execute me. The guy was telling me, "bring the cards along lah, you're finding excuses." Bloody hell! If I want to find excuses, I won't even take the time to scan every bloody damn cards into JPEG. When I explained it's bulky he still said I'm making excuses.
Point is, I did try once to bring for a short trip and got scolding from hubby. Take up suitcase space. And mind you, it was those long GD cards.
So, I'm going for a 10 day trip I need a separate suitcase?! I've got both GD & Shichida cards leh! Siao! And then .... I knew why. Because Shichida's flashcards are small, even their Math Dots cards are small. No wonder he thinks I'm making the excuses. But still, I didn't like the way he spoke.
Well, I'm going ahead with my powerpoint preparation for 10 days in a CD. As for flashcards, I'm going to stop the GD and bring the smaller Shichida ones. Unless I prepare some words inside CD lor... I cannot only follow one way to walk right?

During the HPS, one lady brought out a statement "so does it mean those who are left-handed are smart coz' they're using their right brain?"
Ahem ahem.... I was sitting diagonally infront of her and was hoping she'll notice that I'm holding my pen in my left hand. But then hor.... does it mean I'm not logical? I'm not rational? I'm not analytical? In other words, it also explains how crazy & irrational I am when I get angry with Athena. So the one with no logic and not rational, please sit down and keep quiet. And so I did.

Came back home, only to find Aricia still refusing to sleep. It always seems like my children must wait for me to come home before they sleep.
Aricia started to play with che-che's balloon. She was so happy. I wonder why children likes balloons so much??


Friday
So much easier to bring Aricia for class without the older girl tagging along.
Dunno what happened to all the kiddos today, everyone was fretty and making alot of noise in class. Sensei also laughed and asked "what happened to them today?" Someone started being noisy and spread the germies, who was it? Was it Javier or was it Aricia? Haha!
To make it worse, one of the sensorial play was to let the children smell the following snacks : cheese twisties; want want biscuit; caramel candy; sourplum; M&Ms; peanut biscuit. And then guide the child to pick out the laminated pictures of what they just smelled. We had kids sticking out their tongues while mommies screaming "no...no.... cannot eat, smell XX(baby's name) smell not eat!" The kiddos can't get what they want so they were even more cranky. They only quietened down when we had to pass it down to make a switch. Then it starts again coz' they realise that they still can't eat anything. 6 times! 6 times of crankiness! 6 times of hands reaching out! 6 times of tongues sticking out! 6 times of "no, no,no" from mommies. Very funny scenerio in the class.

After her class, I dropped by Expo to check out the Popular Sale. You know the feeling... aimless gets you nowhere. I had no idea what I needed to get for the children so left the place. Plus I get a baby who's wants to bao4 bao4, and go on poking / touching strangers. Ai yoh!

Went over to mom's place after that, brought all the (bloody heavy) flashcards; CDs etc.. and gave Aricia her lesson there.
Okay, since I have everything there, I tried it on Iggy. He was looking, and then he didn't. Umm... guess I can't expect much coz' it's the first time for him. He needs more of it but I can't do it for them, unless I happen to be there on Fridays with the things. Then again, he'd have too long break in between and the cards are according to Aricia's progress not his.

Picked hubby up from the aiport. Dang! Seems like he came back not long ago right? And then next week he'll be off again. I call it his 'roster' since he seems to travel excessively of late.

At the airport

Athena saw the aeroplanes and then started singing "we're Singapore Airlines, Singapore Airlines....." so cute! Then she rattled off in excitement, "mummy I take aeroplanes alot of times already hor? Mei-mei haven't yet hor..so poor thing. Mummy tomorrow I take aeroplane again?"

As the time drags on,"mummy, why papa take aeroplane so long one......he come out already?"

Saturday
Brought her for her art lesson, no more Speech & Drama so it's a relief for me. She came back with a drawing that nobody can 'see'. I think I shall make one small section of her wall to put up her painting - one at a time - for that week. Perhaps it'll make her feel so proud.... but then again still not much improvement from her.
Hubby decided to bring the kiddos out since he hasn't been spending much time with them. We headed for Suntec, had our dinner at Surf & Turf. Aricia is far too active.. she can't stay still. She was on our table (before the food came of course), the 3 of us always had to take turns to carry her out when the other 2 are having their meals.

Aricia on the dining table. Kissing the menu; kissing the table. She keeps climbing on the table. Very unsightly, carried her off and she throws tantrum.
Ai...let her be. If my dinner is not here, I'll eat her up!



She looks like she is eating the burger (bread) but she was biting and spitting it out.Told you she acts like a puppy


Why do kids like to do the 'peace' sign?? But they look adorable when they do that, we look lao-siao when we do that.



Sunday
Lazed around the house. Coz' hubby around I had to stop my illegal business of printing cards for the time being. It's okay.....I still have next week and the following 2 weeks. Haha!
Sometimes it's good that he's out of the house, but then I do miss him. *hug hug*

Monday
Hubby flew off, this time to Shanghai. I miss my cui4 pi2 dou4 fu4.
Brought Athena to see Dr Lee before sending her to school. She's coughing way too long. All the other doctors' medication didn't seem to help her, so I shall see what Dr Lee has to say.
Said she's wheezing a little. Huh? A week ago she wasn't wheezing but hubby did say she sounded like wheezing on Saturday - he knows coz' he had asthma. I can't tell and thought it was her snoring with the pi-sai in her nose.
She had to be put on the neubalizer. Then asked me to go over to the Diagnostic clinic in the next block to do a chest X-ray.
Although I tell you my girl is naughty; how many times I've threatened to give her to ah-pu-ne-ne or sell/give her away. When she had to stand there with her hands by her side, she looked fearful and I felt guilty for saying those words to her.
Confirmed she has early stage of pneumonia. Huh? How the heck she get pneumonia? This would be her 2nd time having this in her 4+ yrs
1st time she had it when we got back from our Europe trip in Jan05. It was winter and she was a naughty girl refusing to wear her jacket and crying out alot when we went by force to dress her warmly. So....cold air blah blah.... ended up pneumonia
Okay, so the point is, I tried not to bring her Dr Lee coz' she often gives antibiotics. In the end, I still had to go back to her. So does it mean that no other medications will work for her next time? Coz' she's born like that? Or the over dosage before had made her reliant on it?

The trip to the doctors took us 2 hours plus. She would have missed her spelling test. And then thinking that she's still fit to attend school, Dr Lee had to drop the bomb "no! She's to rest at home for 3 days."

3 days???? 3 days???? I'm going CrAzY!!!
Champagne pleaz...I need to pop one coz' it's PAaaarty time!
Dr Lee thought my reaction was an exaggeration. Ha!

No more gym again (3 wks liao) & I feel so much fatter now. *Sigh* Must work hard next week. Sit in steam bath for an hour after workout.

Anyway, dropped by her school to check on what homework they have for the week or what the teacher is teaching so that I can give a little lessons at home. Ms Clanna is on leave so I can only get the book to bring home from Qiu lao-shi. And I asked about her ting1 xie2, gonna test her at home.

Tuesday
So tiring.. maybe I'll fall sick next??
Oh.. she dropped the crazed talk about Spiderman, Superman etc.... This week, she keeps singing a song and then start making the irritating cock doodling sound. Argh!

Aricia having fun with bubbles during bathtime. At first she kept opening her mouth - PACMAN. Then she started to reach out and eat it. Gasp!

Brought Athena out at about 2+pm, I needed the break. Borrowed books for the 2 of them and then I bought games for Athena.

I thought I had promised "never to buy you anymore toys! coz' you never listen to mummy......" I thought I had swore to myself that I'm not going to buy that ungrateful girl toys since she bloody don't listen to me.
Dang!
Bought her toys (again).

Suppose to try to stimulate her right brain since now at her age, she's slowly using her left brain. But I realised as I talked about "buying toys that uses IQ etc.... I'm polishing up her left brain.

Today I saw these two very interesting games said to be for 7+. I gasped but sales assistant said "nowadays, you'll be surprised a 3 yrs old child can do it.


Athena could do it, all I had to do was to explain the idea of the game and she understoood it.

A customer say "nowadays the children very lucky. They have better toys not like last time." Yes, in my mind I thought we will be real lucky if our parents bought us "masak masak" - cooking, doctor's kit etc.. which costs very cheap.

So, are these necessary? I dunno... since in Aricia's class they do pretend play - which I tell you I don' have the bloody time to print a picture of a tomato or knife or whatever and pretend to cook tomato soup (as what we did during the last lesson). Won't it be much better if we had bought those. So what's the use of spending more to buy IQ, logical thinking toys?

KZ saw the games and said it's very interesting, she knows that I select their games. I then told her "it's stated here. For 7+ yrs old."
She sounded very confident. "can I can do it. I'm already 26 yrs old..."
Next minute I observe her, she was frowning and staring at the board. I suan her by saying "26 yrs old hor??"
Wednesday
Yesterday and today is Yamaha term break, so no lessons.

Did a little printing, coz the bulk is done. Then most of the day spend on the 2 kiddos. Non-stop siah!
And I don't understand why when one play the toy; another must come to play. The house was noisy with 2 screaming kids.
Aricia screamed even louder and then pretended to look frightened and crawled to me (asking for sympathy) then when che-che whined more; she turned back and make noise at che-che. Twice, she even turn to biting her sister after she makes noise at her.
BEWARE :
DOG BITES. WOOF!WOOF! - who else but Aricia lah!

Haha! Actually Athena quite poor thing....

Oh yah! I keep forgetting about this. This small little picture of Baby Joshua and Aricia in the crawling contest appeared in this month's YP magazine. I told mom Aricia don't look photogenic at all, she looks better real-life.
Baby Joshua's so cute in this picture.
I didn't realise this until the next day when I was reading the magazine that my ex LSS was interviewed.



4 comments:

M said...

If preparing flashcards takes away time spent WITH the kid, not very expressive of love leh. Unless they mean time OUTSIDE of caring for TWO kids... ie. ur personal time/ couple time lah. Haha.

I use mainly powerpoint lah, on LCD screen/ laptop... the girl seems to prefer it too. Save the earth. I do have some word cards on hardcard, but neither kid really likes that.

Shannon's Mummy said...

You are so hardworking...I am feeling so guilty...My girl doesn't like flash card now..whether it is on card or powerpoint.. sigh.. how how how.. how to get her interested again...

Lily Ann said...

Mel : Doesn't matter if we're not doing what Shichida wants. What all parents want for their children are the best thing. So think about it, we've done our part already right?
Goash! I'll kill them if they ever throw me in the Old Folks Home.
Shannon mummy : No lah! I'm not hardworking if compare to those FTWM and still can do home practice - they deserve the credit from us.
How about DVD? Tweedlewink. If she's interested in TV, perhaps you can do your flashcards into those video montage thing.It's the same thing but at least she's conned that it doesn't come out from the computer.
Hope it helps!

Mumnbabes said...

do check out www.mumnbabes.com - memory magic cd-rom -- good for complementing shichida mthd..