Tuesday, February 14, 2006

A date with a guy and a girl




I had a dinner date with a guy and a girl today (hubby & daughter). Hubby asked what I wanted to eat, so I suggested Prego. (I had been craving for my Penne Arragosta since last week but Gusto is no longer in Wisma anymore) Anyway, I got there early but it was fully booked. You kindda of expected since it's Valentine's Day. Dismay I am, I walked away and suggested the Cafe in Esprit. They only serve Valetine's set and no space inside, so we're outside in the heat. We walked away after warming up the seats for awhile. No way are we going to survive without aircon!!
Finally decided on Plaza Market Cafe. It wasn't even crowded at all so we secured a seat immediately. The little girl chose where she wanted to seat - Chairman's place. We started the buffet, (girl had her dinner so we didn't have to bother much about her)
Everything looked good for a hungry person and soon I forgot that moment ago I was very sad for not having my Italian food. Started off with my Sharks Fin soup. Had a few servings of the marinated jellyfish (those served on cold dish)- which happens to be my favourite. Thank goodness my hands were not 'wobbly' after that as I saw my Chilli crab- not xiao hong lou style but the gravy is nice.
The question came, asked my hubby "how are you to eat crab with fork and knife? I can't eat the pincer part, they didn't crack the shell here...." Turned and looked around me, nobody used hands. Infact nobody around me had crabs. But in the end, I gave up and used my hands.
Kueh Pie Tee was next on my list. Had 3 of it, girl wanted the shell without the filling (i've got a silly girl!) It's really nice. Yum yum..The Eefu noodle is nice too.
The best part in buffets are the desserts. But then I have to watch what I eat (not too much sweet stuffs) so it was a torture to see the nice cakes; chocolate brownie;ice-creams greeting me. In the end, I only had one glutinous rice dumpling and one small mouthful of hubby's durian pudding. Now that reminds me of Emicakes Durian puffs. I dunno what hubby gave my girl coz' my girl was munching near the dessert counter and she didn't want to let me see. Obviously she enjoyed the dessert, as shown in the picture. Ps. she really cleaned up the whole bowl.
SURROUNDING
During the dinner, noticed some couples. Obviously dating couples - cause all the girls had big bunch of flowers!! (except me. Sob.. sob...)The waiter would go around tables and asked to take pictures. Strange? How is it that they didn't approach us huh?
They were playing nice lomantik (romantic) music.. yah. I was enjoying it only to be spoilt by my girl's consistent yakking. Did I ever mention that she's very talkative??? Then at some point she would whine out in pain as she has an ulcer in her mouth. Thank goodness this is not a posh restaurant (anyway even if we do go, I'm not going to bring her along)or where everyone around us are gazing deeply in their partner's eyes or sweet-talking. Otherwise we may get forks and knives thrown at us.
POST DINNER
As we walked out of the place, I asked my girl to say goodbye to this old couple. The guy is always looking at my girl whenever he passes by our table. They were pleasantly surprised that she actually went up and said goodbye to them. I see in their eyes the joy of grandparents looking at her.
They Cafe gave all diners a small little gift from Davidoff.
IN RAFFLES CITY
Walked around a little, hubby needed to get his watch strap adjusted. I got him a watch for our 5th anniversary. He asked if I wanted an identical pair. No!I have 2 watches already and that's enough. I want my Rolex he promised me on our wedding day. Umm.. maybe I should ask him to pay for the LV bag I had been eyeing.Hee!Hee!
He should be thankful that I only get one present from him the whole year all these years.

No comments: