Sunday, October 8, 2023

On This Day - (8th Oct) #Reminders from FB#

 8th Oct 2022


Finally I see 🌻 . But r u sure this is Giganteus sunflower? More like dwarf sunflower. Stem is so thin and short


The 2 pots (top 2 pics? that I received in June have small flower buds. I can't wait to see the colours.

还是老蒋好, senior citizen keeps flowering.



8th Oct 2022

A surprise 🎂 delivery from Cheryl Lau.

Thank you so much.

I'm so pampered and full with love. #keto#



8th Oct 2021

Tulips from their origin.

What a great comeback. 2 years later!

Pretty sad that my pictures didn't turn out as what I had expected.😒



Stalls selling fruits, spices and textiles



宝贝快快长大


Striking yellows



Absolutely gorgeous


Lost in the sea of tulips


The odd one out






Can't make up my mind what I'm taking 😂


As usual... my models



found a bush full of babies


Very cute. Each is slightly bigger than my finger width only



8th Oct 2021

*added more pics to my “Chiak!…” album*


8th Oct - dinner

Asked hubby to help me pack mee siam in the morning while I sent lil' one to school.

He left 2 otahs for me. And when he went to buy his dinner, he came back with my sambal kangkong. He's superbly helpful when it comes to helping me break

more rules 反正都违规了就违规到底吧!

Verdict:

Mee siam - tastes weird to me now. My taste bud has gone bonkers. I didn't finish the vermicelli

Otahs - taste like otah alright but I hate to think how much of flour do they put inside. Small amount right?

Sambal kangkong - yummy! Wow! Still as yummy.



8th Oct 2021

Our planting adventures continues ...

Bought these cutesy planting kit, not knowing what to expect



2 for her and 2 for me. Sakura n mini rose is mine


And then she started with Akamatsu Japanese Red Pine which requires no prior preparation.

Next she read up on Japanese 🍁 Bonsai (momiji) and told me "mummy you know this will take 1 mth to ...

"3mths?" "1 year to germinate!!" WHAT?!

And my dear girl decided to put in the freezer to mimic the winter climate. Freezer colder than fridge.

Meanwhile, she taped the packet in the freezer somewhere. hope we remember it 1-3mths later. And one year from now, we shall check n see what happens.

TO BE UPDATED A YEAR (2022) LATER.



Look so hopeful hor? Just cross our fingers.

I will do mine at a later date.

If all fails, we shall secretly buy the potted plants in DDK 😅




8th Oct 2021

*added more pics to my “Chiak!…” album *

And so I took the chance to go back to normal non-fussy meals.

Not sure if it's something I have to be proud of but the shifus in another FB group might ban me forever 🤣 and start chiding me 

#noketo#


7th Oct - dinner.

Had it with my sugar free chilli sauce. I touched 6 fries, ate the coleslaw and for the first time I dared to dip into the sauces provided.


7th Oct - dinner. Really nice. My god! Ondeh is yummy.

But omg! I'm not joking when I tell u I really had a headache after the chicken cutlet dinner + this


8th Oct - breakfast. First time touching normal bread!

Miss the crispy croissant. Had it with black tea. Yes, still sugar free. Before I went keto, I do take sugar free drinks occasionally to balance out. Maybe it's a weird thinking on my part. So this order of black tea comes naturally.

1 felt weird, heart palpitating, slight headache. Can't be

心里作用right?


Wanted to eat shredded chicken from uncle wanton coz told girl I've only have how many days to break rules but big girl is not hungry. And I needed to go PP (for my missed Daiso n send their precious blanket for drycleaning) so can't go 2 places in a short span of time.

Mind was indecisive - what to eat? Really I had so many ideas but when you're slapped with l've only got 2 days to whack like crazy, you need to make a decision.

It's no joke, I walked past and thought of these. As i was walking out of foodcourt, i exclaimed rojak! Wah…...really want to eat leh.

@ Indostop : Big girl bought snacks and I was so tempted with keropok and Bakso. Her response was

"buy lah! Since you're .." but there's no way I can finish that fast (I think) and when I look at the ingredients in the bakso sapi 😳. Ok forget it! Anyway, I still have my bakso at home which is 💯 compliant.

I asked if she wanted famous Amos so I can just take a few pieces. She didn't want. Then I remembered I still have the Bordier cookies at home. But should I really eat them? Coz if Iopen, and nobody eats how? I might end up just eating 2 pieces before I call it quits.


8th Oct - Lunch

I think my tastebud has gone a little haywire. I haven't touched any oyster sauce or whatever normal sauce for more than 6mths! Wasn't sure what I was eating but I ate coz I was hungry (and I had my breakfast at 7+!! I usually don't feel hungry n hardly have breakfast) which is strange.

Noodles? Yes or No? Altho I wanted to whack noodles, I think I shall go slow n steady. And anyway, I had always preferred to just eat the 74.

Even if I had uncle's shredded chicken noodles, I would have left some noodles behind.

My meals is usually accompanied by a cup of ice lemon tea or if I want to feel healthier - green apple. But it's been months, l've increased my intake of plain water and strangely even tho I was thinking of getting that cup of green apple, I decided to reach for my little water left.

I've had days of cheat meals where I go for that huge plate of roasted pork belly but always had it with my water.


Big girl wanted bubble tea, so I decided ok I shall order something small. Old habits die hard, I have the "got sugar inside? Which one has no sugar?" and blurted that out. Haha! The staff was like ... 😧 in the end chose my initial choice - mix berries with lychee nata de coco. I guess it shouldn't be a problem right? Maybe just the nata de coco will be sweet since they get it from supplier. And mix berries are just berries, no syrup right?

I was wrong! One sip and I cannot take it. Strange right?

I've always had sweet tooth. I had to drink water. I'm more thirsty than before. Is this one of the signs?

Still driving out from the carpark, I kindda regret getting the drink. I should have just ask for a small sip of whatever big girl ordered. I drank a little more and gave the rest to the man, who gladly took it.

WILL POST MORE PICS AFTER THIS (I think)

TO BE CONTINUED ....



8th Oct 2019

Looking for recommendation.

What's the best fitness app you've used / are using.

TIA



8th Oct 2017


Friendship spans a thousand miles.

Jap gf and her family (finally get to see her 2 girls!) here for a quick layover and a rushed meet up. It's a pity her girls are way too shy...there was no chicken n duck talk between our girls but rather no talk at all..... 😉 hopefully there's chance in the near future for another meet up





8th Oct 2016

Her fav chicken soup.

#drinkinkopitiamstyle#



8th Oct 2016

Angry girl folding her own clothes into cabinet. From standing to sitting to lying on floor. Whole time mouth never stop complaining the amount of clothes to fold.

That's coz you procrastinated for days girl!

Then she got really angry and threw her shirt on the bed; then bend to pick it up; make noise; throw; pick it up.

TCS 新加坡电视塔 Ur missing out one great talent

here!





8th Oct 2015

My thoughts :

Why the big booha over this question? And those who make noise…usually their kids get the answer wrong, they're hoping to get that 1-2marks extra.

And this is a MA topic - estimation.

Last year, according to Athena, they had a similar question on estimating the weight of 5 glass marbles.

Kids should know too since this is a SGD1 coin where they handle the money, not a Euro coin or a pence or a penny. 6g,60g,600g,6000g - it's logical right?




8th Oct 2014

Still in school uniform ... Cham! Lil one has HWs to do, need to do listening Compreh with her. Sigh…


Lunch at Wisma Atria



8th Oct 2013

Lower primary?

That's the honeymoon years where they're tested what they learn in school?!?!

Try P3, P5 let them go without tuition. See can or not?



8th Oct 2012

Sent the girls to bed earlier than usual. Had a little

more spare time so ... 4 sets of hairbows.越做越爽

wanted to do more but it was already close to 3am.



8th Oct 2011

I want to buy this phone for Che-Che. Hubby's last biz trip, he didn't want to buy anymore of the fanciful but can't last long phone. I know I talked abt getting her the normal phones, but I dun see anything nice for girls...



8th Oct 2011

*added pictures to “CD 2011” album*

Favors that were prepared a month earlier while multitasking between this preparation and mei-mei's BD party's prep.


The favors with the *tiring* process of photoshopping images and making the tags.

The rabbit digital is done by my friend.


Now, next step is to pack some of the favors into goody bags. Given to mei-mei's classmates in both MMI and St Hilda's. Kept 4 extras for herself, che-che, Iggy and mei-mei's friend in music class.


Snacks for che-che's and mei-mei's classmates.

Prepared a few days before and over a period of 2 days.


5th Oct - a visit to her friends in MMI


Personalised name stickers for every che-che's classmates and her IJ friends and mei-mei's BFF.

Gave each girl a sticker and the favor.

What surprises me was the next day, the girls came back with a note of thanks. I didn't expect that. Some gave a note and a pen, which che-che will help me pass it back to them on Monday. Don't expect them to buy me things.


Forgot to take pics. I ordered from US personalised notepads for che-che's friends and mei-mei's BFF. Did the box using my *ahem* flashcard paper. Did the label and paste on the box


This pink bag of favor was given to our IJ gang. I really try to minimize the snacks - which I go tsk tsk with my girls.


6th Oct - Children with all their Children's Day gifts which were far more than my birthday presents.

*jealous* - heehee!




8th Oct 2011

2 mins 22 seconds. That's the time she managed to do her hula hoop. My time? 1 second. Haha!



8th Oct 2010


Thank you all my friends for your wishes. I wish everyone good health and may we all have lasting friendship. Yay!


No comments: