Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Why JR pass will not work for me

I was asked by a few ppl if I bought the JR pass for our last travel or even in any of our travels in Japan. I never do that as I hate to be bounded by the rules - requires travels to be done in consecutive days. Even if it doesn’t require to be done on consecutive days, it’s always best to check per trip ticket price. Sometimes it’s adds up lesser amount to travel on individual tickets. 

Coz I like to spend at least 2 nights in each place to immerse. Of course some will even find my 2 nights or 1 night even too little time to immerse in the place. Usually minimum 2 nights max 3 nights, 1 night minimum is only for the journey where I need a break on between to next destination. Honestly sometimes you need more than 4 days to walk so much in a town that you know the hidden restaurants in hidden alleys, however we don’t have much time on our travels. The girls can only get 2+ to 3weeks of holiday each year, 不能拖时间。That means we need to pack and unpack all the time and move hotels. Anyway, we’re the type who will only leave toiletries and next day’s clothes outside in the room. It’s easy for us to pack up quickly. 

I think I know 3 people who would live / in one place and then take train out every other day to the destination and then head back hotel. My FightDo instructor kept their base in Milan and then travelled out to different parts of Italy (for eg Milan to Rome / Tokyo to Osaka 来回都要 7hrs. How much can one see? It’ll only be the “take pictures outside and go”. But I also understand the difficulty they can face in their big group of families, it’ll be a hassle to keep packing and unpacking. Anyway different people different styles of travelling, as long as they’re happy.) 


** We drove for our 2022 trip and that was even better, we control the time, we can go to ulu places that trains cannot reach. Train tickets we need to x4 + reserved seats + luggage space. By the time we add up, easier to just drive 


 

No comments: