Wednesday, September 20, 2023

On This Day - (20th Sep) #Reminders from FB#

 20th Sep 2022

* added photos into “19th Sep 2022 - Sweet 16th!” album

Taken on 19th Sep :

On 18th she declared that the next day is her OFF DAY, she's not doing any studying . She wants to go out and asked me where would I bring her.

My reply - I also demand an OFF DAY away from her coz I gave birth to her 16 yrs ago S.

She followed me when I sent che-che to school, I thought she wanted some nice food so asked her to choose any place in Orchard, she narrowed down to lon.

She asked for Mos Burger and her Koi with golden pearl and rattled off that not all Koi has golden pearl so she chose lon. I recalled that Hougang Mall's Koi has golden pearl also what?! Hougang Mall also have Mos Burger what?! 

#ifeelcheated# #allthatexcitementshehadoverherbirthday#

At the same time we went to buy her cake. She wants

Oreo cheesecake so we tried Starbucks.

Walked around Ion for a short while and we left for home 2+hrs later (Orchard is getting so boring now).

After that …... No choice lah! She's prepping for her finals already so she guai guai went to study.

Before the day ends, asked her but she was too full to eat her cake. So as at now we haven't sung her her birthday song Jjd yet.

Haha!




20th Sep 2021

While looking for photos to do the recent abrupt job collage, I came across these 2 short videos when doe-eyed lil' one sat quietly (rarely) waiting for her dinner. I did an audio over as it was very noisy (hubby ordering food, che-che mimicking some noise behind, KZ making noise dishing out lil' one's food into a bowl, me scolding che-che).

Then che -che lifted the table and smacked her sister's chin. If I had the time I'd love to do a video of her bullying her lil' sister over the years now and vv. Hee!


Just another abrupt video


*ps. These are screenshots as video is too large to be uploaded







20th Sep 2020

*added photos into “Mini Bossy Queen is turning 14.” album

20th Sep - Aunty May Ling n Uncle Ben came by to

give her angpow in the night 让您跑了一趟. And |

forgot to take pic of her with them 🤦🏻‍♀️. Thank you!


19th Sep - At their fav restaurant before birthday girl's orthodontist appt. The adults separated by this panel...but it's ok, we managed to skip the queue into the restaurant this way. (the family before us only came in as we're more than halfway thru our lunch)


She's exactly 14yrs 14 seconds old!


After some shopping for her pressie, we stopped at food court. She's hungry after 2+hrs?!?! Her fav tchr saw her, she didn't see her but che-che saw tchr looking and found her familiar. Couldn't recall who is it until few seconds later.

"Aricia, Ms Daisy Ng."

I told lil' one it's her best birthday present to bump into her one of her fav tchr. (Not sure if she allows this so I covered her eyes)


Before heading home, dropped by NEX to collect her cake. She was so excited and made sure I ordered her cake at least 2 weeks ago.






A quick song coz the cream seems to be melting away.



All her pressies from us, duagu duakim, mama. Oh! And the cutest present is an e-angpow from Aunty Youli Song. Thanks for your kind gesture.


Her 3 tops from TEM from che-che and gummies. With that she ended celebrating her special day, not after telling us what she wanted to do for her birthday next year. 😂


20th Sep 2019

From 6000+ pics on phone to half. Definitely feel "lighter". More to clear - target less than 500 in phone. If only losing weight is going to be as easy as this.


20th Sep 2019

The fattening cake.

Realised the girls also scooped the buttercream aside like me.

I can try making a unicorn next time..... that is when I really do get it down to action and…...who knows it's either I never get it done or lil' one is out of the

"unicorn" phase. Maybe bake for my grandkids?

Haha!



These fondant designs the girls said they wanted it when they were very young (che-che was only 7 or 8) I never got a chance to do it and now.. we've all cut down on eating cakes.

I think this calls for a second major "kitchen-related" decluttering? I have some bakebooks which I wasn't willing to let go the last round, I doubt I have the chance to do this anymore right? The books are cellophane-wrapped and in pristine condition. 😄


20th Sep 2018

" The moon puts on an elegant show, different every time in shape, colour and nuance. "  - Arthur Smith



20th Sep 2018

Celebration Part 2 : (thank goodness only 2!) And so the day went by so quickly as half a day was spent in school. (For many years she was at home cos it was either some holiday from MOE or school. P6 7, she had to be in school even it's P5's oral and they were the only 2 levels in school today.)

十二岁了。时间过得太快了、记得好像不久这个小瓜

是个可爱的小宝宝。


我的不要脸的小宝贝 can tell me what she wants for her

balloons this year. It was rushing and I didn't have chance to make Pooh's ears.Pooh is a re-used balloon from last year.

Her pressies from aunties, family and friends. Che-che's friend was so sweet to gift her something.


Checking out what's written on the cards.

Then she decided to go to the fridge and check if I lied about not buying her a cake


Her small cake today

20th Sep 2014

*added more photos into her “Aricia's 8th Birthday” album

Celebrated for her in school on 17th Sep.



Goodie packs preparation.

Kept things simple as it was packed by early August.

Plus didn't want too bulky for che-che (who helped carry up to class for mei-mei) Thank you Athena Ting!!


Setup.

This time round I was there more than half hour before, so could set the table up without rushing. The P5s who were in the canteen, getting ready to go for excursion.

Came up to me and asked if I was selling them. Huh?

Even when the lower primary came down for recess, they asked me the same question.

Took at the other two celebrations in the canteen.

Hmm.…... okay my setup is kua-zhang. Haha!




Eating and opening up their goodie bag


Birthday girl 


18th Sep - Seeked permission from ballet teacher

Kathleen Cui.

Once approved by teacher, preparation for goodie bags commenced.

Rather fast as only prepared 5 bags.


Improvised version. Hahaha!

Have cupcake wrapper too but it's too tall already, covering the cuppie so dropped the idea


19th September

Big thanks to Teacher who granted permission. (Sorry it took time from your class) for a quick "singing birthday song".

This was a total surprise for the birthday girl.


Giving out goodie packs

Alyoh! girl told me only 5 other kids. Imagine my surprise when I was told it's 7 other kids. Didn't pack enough goodie bags, so will owe 2 kids next week.



20th Sep 2012

*added more photos into “My Little Monster turned 6 - 19th

Sep 12” album


Preparation: The goodie bags tags


Scoring the cards


Factory work start. let me organise them in boxes first then factory worker starts her shift


Cupcake holders


Paper bags were prepared for kids who were packing back the cuppies. Turned out most kids ate in class, now what am I going to do with those paperbags?


Some bagged items for the vegetarians kids in her class.

They don't eat the cupcake so this is the other alternative for them


Few weeks prior, I edited pictures and sent over to my friend


The night before.

The exciting moment. 48 cuppies


The girls couldn't help but keep looking at the cake.

They had a hard time choosing which cuppie to keep at home


Nice


Please bear with me. I know I keep snapping pics.. but they're really cute.


My friend baked the cuppies for me, I made my own cake too! I dummy cake so that her cuppie stands up high.

Funny thing is the chinese teacher was helping me to pack the items. She told me "I'll put this cake for you in the box so it won't be spoilt". FT told her "It's fake!!" 😂



20th Sep 2011

Lil' girl woke up this morning and said "Che-Che I'm taller than you alreadv."

LOL



20th Sep 2009


*added photos to “Aricia's 3rd BD @ home” album



Happy Birthday, mei-mei!



Footnote written in 2023 : Wah! If only I had kept that "3" candle and her "1" candle 🤣

Early this year che-che commented that it's so wasted to buy the "1" "2" candle for her cousin "blow already then cannot use."

Someone did mention to keep and re-use, was it her?

Me? or Pauline Patrick Teo? She then said can use it for 21st birthday, I passed a remark "keep it for you then. Since you'll be the first to turn 21." 🤪





No comments: