Wednesday, September 27, 2023

On This Day - (27th Sep) #Reminders from FB#

27th Sep 2022 

Blog dated 24th Oct 2007.

A cute going to be 5yr-old Athena telling me:

"mummy, I have fever also. It's O-L-E, I have fever." I turned the thermometer the right side up! It reads 37.0 not O-L-E!!"




27th Sep 2015


Thanks a lot for Youli Song's mooncakes.

Doors closed, not looking at moon with psi140+


After setting up, hubby was watching tv while I was washing dishes. Lil' one was helping herself to the tea.

"Don't drink so much you're so skinny," he says. After some time realised that she drank from every cup. Haha!

For humour, I put her milk there




Yum seng…..


27th Sep 2015

Soaked the tea leaves for a day, prepared by hubby getting ready for moongazing 赏月 tonight. Lantern?

My girls seem to outgrow it.

We got this tea set from Wuxi this June, representing family.

Wishing you and your family a roundful 🌝 happiness and family reunion.

圆圆满满一家团圆




27th Sep 2015

*tagged in YL photo*

26-09-2015

Aricia's birthday party!




27th Sep 2014

PSLE is halfway done and I am thankful I have an independant lil' one.

It has been a tiring journey for me, what makes it more tiring is hubby left to work in another country since end July, so l've been running the house on solo. My mood is bad coz all burden on me. I've to shoulder home ah-soh duties; girls; schoolwork;

tuition work; ah-mat duties; exams!

With the weary mummy ignoring her, Lil' one has been independant to bring out stuffs to study on her own (not to mention she left the study table a mess thereafter for me to tidy) for exams as well as her weekly EL spelling and iT S. And when she studies, she has the habit of reading out aloud which is irritating n... I really want to kick her out of the studyroom. (wait! I did kick her out once)

There are days when she has no idea what to do, I assign her work n mark the next day. But I haven't had the time recently to go through work with her, that file just gets thicker n thicker.

So today, I spent 20 mins packing her 'filled with goldbar' schoolbag. I go through work that was done in class, her homeworks that I didn't even bother to check weeks or months ago till now. I found unfiled †7IN_ s, math worksheets etc...well I had to help her with filing. Poor girl have been carrying those papers with her for a long time.

She has compo exams next Mon, Tue (same day as PSLE) and the rests follow thereafter.

Thank goodness didn't get any phonecalls (complaints) fr teachers so far with regards to her. So she's surviving well under our intense "Athena taking her PHD" conditions at home. My Survivor! Wait!

Make that two young Survivors for enduring the tyrant-evil queen style discipline.

I feel myself aging more years in these few months


Footnote written in 2020 : 

That was a real stressful first-timer PSLE-er parent year for me. Everything just ran on my schedule; on the clock.




27th Sep 2011


Lil' girl was practising her concert song -i*##B- and she's driving me crazy with her xxxx singing.

Mumbling in her words and I have no idea what's the lyrics until now. Printed and will show her tomorrow.

Dunno why suddenly thought of Jap songs and asked her to sing for me グーチョキパーでなにつくろう

35. And she sang well for me, though haven't been playing/exposing them to the language much now.

So the thing about kids' brain is a sponge ... makes me 200% happy that early years input helped her so much.




27th Sep 2011


Now she's been protected by Three Musketeers.

Huh? How come she ended up with the boys?



27th Sep 2011


Last week she played with a Turkish (older or same age) girl. Today, she targeted a cute に才 boy. The boy’s お母さん had to crawl alongside, trying hard to catch up with lil' girl. Hee!




27th Sep 2011


HRH Aricia




27th Sep 2010

A group of schoolgirls were laughing @ mei-mei. I went to order food in Macs, she sat there n did her writing work for me. She was reciting out the letters

"G-R-E-E-N Green." n repeated a few times. They found her amusing


No comments: