Saturday, September 9, 2023

On This Day - (9th Sep) #Reminders from FB#

9th Sep 2021

Haven't had these for so long and I'm suddenly craving for them.

Peanut tutu kueh, ondeh ondeh, kueh kosui, kueh binka ubi, kueh salat, png kueh lots of sweet sauce, soon kueh lots of sweet sauce, kueh lopes lots of gula melaka, darker black carrot cake, black char kueyteow no hum, mee siam, mee rebus, mee soto with begedil, fishball or eggs with sambal chilli (sedap!), makmur, bak kwa, kueh rose, keropok, kueh lapis .....

Ehh…... Still haven't finish my list yet. Dry wanton mee, dry shredded chicken mee, lor mee with lots of vinegar, bak chor mee, yee mee, not uncle Roger's fried rice, shredded chicken horfun etc...

I'm amazed, are you still reading this? It's not even half my list yet! I haven't even gone thru other cuisines, fruits n desserts. Isn't it scary - the food that I'm craving now? They're all so sweet n so much of glutinous rice esp with all the kuehs I miss.


Footnote on comments written in 2021 :

S, in her comments, mentioned that it’s not right to have any cravings after being in keto so long. 

But I’ve only been on keto for 6mths while I had normal whack-until-I-go-fat meal for 46yrs! So I wonder if she has any cravings.  But she did mention something about suddenly wanting to eat Chwee kueh (could be in her own post) ….. DUH! see my eyes rolling? 

Honestly that post was simply a ranting post, I wasn’t going to eat all that. Can’t anyone read that it’s an empty vase talk? 


9th Sep 2011



When I answer "Am I your maid?" to my kids, it sounds authoritative

When my ka-tek Aricia answer me "Am I your maid?", I feel like ker-tok her head and tell her "yes! your are my maid, my massager, my little kapo-helper but definitely not my lullaby singer."




9th Sep 2011


Girls sleeping. See same position; same top; drag their new present from Aunty MayLing into the bed also.?!?!


9th Sep 2011

Went to watch this highly talented Handbells Choir performance by Kinjo Gakuin University at SCGS 2 days ago.

I hope Athena and her BFF gain some insight into this as they're both in the school handbells.

* apologies for the noise and the sudden "light" you see.. Aricia snatched my paper which was used to hide the camera. Grrrr..Z



9th Sep 2011


2 girls down. ARGH!




No comments: