Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Her first >>

step into a club. Marks a milestone for big girl. 

I remember probably a few years back, we were talking about jazz lounge and discotheques / clubbing. And I told her the “once upon a time, long long time ago …your mother” story on what made me prefer jazz lounge over discotheque. She immediately told me she won’t like clubbing, however I have a different mindset. If you don’t try, how would you know? She asked me “you mean you WANT me to GO?” I think for a moment she’s confused what method of parenting is her mother using, if her mother is planning a trap. 

I think parenting style is different from the olden days (my mom to us) and now (me parenting my daughter). Kids these days have a mindset of their own. What more I have a highly defiant argumentative warrior, at times I cannot be so strict to say NO to her as long as it’s not dangerous. 

So when she told me her friend wants to go, there’s 4 of them including her. All I could tell her was to be careful and not to leave the drinks alone. She told me she and another friend are standing in a corner and they’re not drinking. But then again, I’m not there I wouldn’t know if it’s really true. I can only hope she’s sensible enough. 

One thing similar between mom and I is that we are worried about our kid. I was having a terrible headache and wanted to sleep early after popping 2 paracetamols, but couldn’t sleep coz I was worried about her. Only after she messaged me that she’s on Grab home then I was able to sleep. But I was already in bed, I heard her opening the main door but didn’t have the energy to climb out of bed to acknowledge her home. 

Will she Go again next time? I’m not sure. But if friends drag along, I’m sure she wouldn’t want to be left out right? So whatever decision she makes, I can only hope and pray that she’s always home safe. Or maybe next time she can bring her mother along. Haha! Can I still anyhow dance? Or …I don’t even know how’s the clubbing scene like now also. Must show her her mother was once a party queen. Haha! Strangely, I cut down when I was in SQ. 


No comments: