Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Premier performance by Ms Thermie

My dainty looking appliance has been sitting on my kitchen top since 4th Aug 2022 (almost 5 months later) and did its premier performance for dinner. [My free Cookidoo account expires after 6 months 🤣]

It wasn’t a whole table filled with cooked food kind of attempt but rather the simple white rice 🤭. It took me a long while to get it done coz it needed to update software. Haha! After which, it took me a while to figure out how to set it to Varoma. OMG! Am I such a dummy? I thought with me watching some YouTube videos months before, I should be able to do it? Nope! This dummy is really hopeless. How the heck to get “Varoma” settings? I kept flipping the pages to and fro and didn’t see “Varoma” instead saw a “Cook rice” mode though.. Should I try that instead but what if it takes longer than 15mins? Sometimes watching and doing it is totally different. Hubby was telling me “forget it just cook porridge.” at least twice. However I wasn’t going to give up coz’ there has to be a start somewhere right? 

Thankfully Ms Thermie (not her official name in my house coz everyone seems to call their Thermomix Thermie for short) made up for the time lost when it only took 15mins to cook that 250g of rice. Half the time I’m crossing my fingers that it’ll cook and I’m doing it right. If that fails, then I’ll just bring it over the stove and do porridge instead. Thankfully, Ms Thermie didn’t embarrass me when I saw the end product. Just can’t believe that it can cook rice in 15mins!! Wow! A normal rice cooker takes 25-30mins? That’s half the time. 


Rice looking as normal as it should be. Asked if the rice tastes better and received nods from hubby and lil’ one. It certainly feels less starchy which means less carbs. 


Using the guided recipe from Thermomix Singapore YouTube video. 
I made small adjustments :-
1) Instead of 300g of rice, I used 250g 
2) Instead of 1200g of water, I used 1000g
I also made sure I wash the rice grains

Settings is the same. 

I was surprised that the noise is minimal, maybe coz it’s the steaming function? 

250g of rice = I’m not sure how many cups. I will have to check one day when I don’t have to rush and get the rice out fast. But the portion is almost just nice for us 3 with some leftover. when I’m back keto and won’t be eating rice, I believe maybe 220g of rice will be sufficient for them. 

Baby steps; baby steps. I will try other dishes slowly. 

NOTE : 350g of long grain rice is about 1 3/4 cups; 350g of short grain rice is about 1 2/3 cups. 



No comments: