Monday, January 30, 2023

Thermie #4

The reason why I bought a Thermomix was to minimise the cleaning up. 

Today’s one meal dish is fried rice for lunch as lil’ one had HBL. 

I didn’t use overnight rice, cooked and cooled the rice with the fan. Perhaps that was a mistake? I was using a mixed instructions from one settings that uses overnight rice. 

Euniclicious has a recipe using same day rice which she mixed the seasoning together in with the rice first before frying. 

First and foremost when I cooked the rice, I used this steam diverting chimney I bought from Wundermix (shipping fees is twice the price of the item. I should have bought one more item to make the shipping fees worth it). It really helps, I don’t see any condensation on the cabinets. Maybe I can make full use of it next time by steaming my face the same time? 😂) 



Failure #1

Didn’t insert the butterfly properly, so it was tossing in the bowl for a few seconds. I removed it and cooked it with the blades. I think that would make a difference in the rice? Becomes mashed rice? I must read the manual on how to fix the butterfly properly. 

Failed attempt. In the end I brought out the pan and fried the chunks of rice 😆. So I think fried rice needs the wok-hei? Perhaps I should try it another time again. 

No comments: