Monday, January 9, 2023

Baking with Ms Thermie #3

Was tidying the ‘baking’ pantry aka cabinet section few days ago and saw a full canister of bread flour expiring end of February so decided to bake something

Milk shokupan was something that I’ve always wanted to bake for the longest time but was always so hesitant, hesitant about tangzhong preparation coz I’m always so afraid of the what will happen the next day? And if I can’t bake when I had to, then how? Can two day dough work?

I was happy that Thermomix can prepare the tangzhong and I get to bake the same day. Although it wasn’t smooth sailing for this batch (had to run out of the house to pick up lil’ one. So instead of proofing for 45mins, it proofed for 2+ hrs), I managed to bake a milk loaf.  

Now I understand why people tend to sell away their Kitchenaid the moment they have Thermomix. I wasn’t willing to uncover, plug my kitchenaid when I can do everything in one machine. Best of all, I will only wash one item. 

Result of the bread :

wasn’t that nice as my old Alex Gob’s English cottage bread. Maybe coz I was so used to the taste? Perhaps the expired  (a month) yeast affected the bread?

Will bake this once more with new yeast and hopefully ‘following to the tee’ proofing time.




No comments: