Thursday, January 10, 2019

Tried, tested, approved and highly recommended Kiehl's masks

I'm a lazy person. I never seem to use my facial products that often. The only time I was a little hardworking with my "face" was during SQ days. Hey! I need a presentable face to face the passengers right? I have no reason to have a pwetty face as I feel an ugly face might just scare my kids or any kids who try to irritate me.  

After clipping my wings,  I would only use mask when I'm holidaying - winter countries mainly to replenish the moisture that's being sucked up in the bloody cold. Many ions years ago, my beautician introduced Dr Grandel Moisture Mask to me.

I liked this cos' all I needed to do was to leave it on for 3 mins. I can leave it on while I'm still in the shower. Come out of the shower and I'm done, not sure what I did with the extra minutes after that but it wasn't to relax. I think I spent my time packing up the bags again or scrubbing undergarments and socks. *grouch* 
Then it didn't work when I was in Shanghai, my skin was really bad. It's a good thing to be next to Isetan and a whole shopping stretch 南京西路. I popped by Sephora one day and desperate as I was heeded SA's recommendation without checking ahead. Well then it seems to have worked out until the next time I was in Japan. Hada Labo seemed really  convincing with their "lock up an ocean of refreshing moisture" tagline. Okay, so I think I'm a sucker for all these pack of lies. In 2017 when we headed for US, my skin was really horrible. Skin was dry to the extent that I was slapping my face coz' I couldn't scratch them, I was a like a walking "SNAKE". I looked old and doubly ugly with flaky face. I felt like I was a mummy as my face felt really tight and awful. Horrible feeling and wanted to scream "just kill me and let me die". A companion passed me some of her coconut oil and it helped me a little. A search online later showed that coconut oil, jojoba oil, argan and olive oil works wonders on sensitive skin. Honestly, I'm not sure why over the years my skin get so sensitive to cold? Is age a factor? Or hormonal changes?

So in 2018, I thought to myself if I should bring coconut oil (which will hardened up in cold climate) over but the smell put me off. I threw out all the previous hydrating shits out of my travel toiletry bag and the cabinet. Did a shopping trip once without the girls in PP(actually.... come to think of it...Where were the girls? It was the school hols then. *scratch head in puzzlement*), made it so much easier without distraction. I dropped by Kiehl's. Didn't expect to get something from there but there it was something looking at me 
 "This exceptional facial cream is inspired by the adventure-testing heritage of Kiehl’s, from the first ascent of Greenland’s peaks and the scaling of Mount Everest to the individual adventures of our customers around the world."

I wasn't going to scale the mountains but if it worked for higher attitudes, it should work for my europe trip right? See! I told you I'm a sucker for everything I read. The words were so convincing, the price made it more convincing at a tag of $52 it should work. If it's $5.20 I will put it back on the shelves and walk away. 

I'd definitely need a mask as well. The Ultra Facial Overnight Hydrating Masque screamed at me to try.   
I was desperate to get a hydrating mask to help me tide over the 2 wks + of winter climate. This looked interesting with two of the ingredients - fountain plant and glacial proteins, it sounded like my skin will be filled up/hydrated like a river. Most importantly, it's overnight mask so I will have a nightful of replenishing my dried up desert skin. All I needed to do was to make sure I don't lie on my sides to sleep just in case I rubbed it off on the pillows. $55 well spent. I was to stop there but thought of what happened the year before, I didn't want to risk having a free botox aka scaling treatment again. Products with calendula caught my eyes. I recalled calendula was what I was looking for months back when I read that it can heal skin, working just as well as aloe vera. Looked through the whole range of calendula products and decided to get the masque  
Well, I thought maybe I should put this dual healing plants masque first to soothe my "exposed the whole day  in the cold" face followed by the overnight hydrating mask. $69 for this nice smelling masque is worth it, though I must admit initially it was quite 'burning' as I slapped on my face. It got better as the days went by. 

Really happy with the products I bought this time as my face felt just the same. 没问题! I will never leave home without these products again. 


No comments: