Monday, January 14, 2019

Results Day

The next chapter of che-che's education route depended on her results. I didn't feel nervous or queasy at all. Being in the school hall for the 3rd time, I've learnt that I should lower my expectation. By doing so, I wouldn't get too disappointed when her / their results are not up to satisfaction. By lowering my expectation, I would be surprised if her / their results are good.

I went to school without my nerves bundled up. Well, I did ask her if she wanted me to be in the school and she left it to me. Initially I wanted to wait for her outside while settling lunch with lil' one near school but in the end thought she might want me there and I might miss any mammarazzi moments of her in the hall for the last time as a student. Not that I was expecting her to be one of those students standing up for recognition. 

I had expected her to grab her results and go. She isn't that same small size girl where I can quickly push her out. She's taller and bigger than me, I might be the one falling in the process. She stayed on in the hall talking to her good friends, there I met one of her friend's mom for the first time even though our girls have been in the same class since P3 or P5.

I never liked to ask others how their daughters did, of course I did have some people coming over to ask me how che-che did. 

I was pleased with her results (though I feel if she has put in more time and effort in her studies she would have done better), she has some well-deserved distinctions.

One of her friend was in a state of anxiousness, she was afraid to leave the school. She didn't do that bad, it's just that she probably expected better (??). Che-che patted her on the back, I was not really listening to the conversation so initially thought she was so happy with her results. Her expression was very Hyde and Jekyll, her "cry" wasn't that kind of long sobbing cry. By the time I realised that she was anxious, I thought to myself "it's no wonder how some kids who can't seem to think, have a clear state of mind decide to do something silly". Naturally I was worried and offered to walk her out of the school with her to her mom who's waiting for her outside. But in the end, a teacher accompanied her out.        

The whole Results Day thingy for the bunch of 16 and 17 year-olds is very different as compared to when we have the hall filled with 11+ and 12 year-olds. 

So, it's more or less confirmed where she wanted to go next. We talked about it before, she seems to know where she wants to go next coz' she still can't figure out what she wants to study. The next 2 years will help her think through her career choice.

The girls will go for Open Houses tomorrow. Hopefully they'll make a choice which they won't regret after that.   
 

No comments: