Thursday, March 1, 2018

The brightest stars ... - entry drafted on 31st Jan 18 #lateposting#

Sirius - the brightest star in the sky. And is part of the Canis Major (woof woof) constellation

Once you spot Sirius, it's so easy to find the constellation Orion - the hunter. Orion is easily spotted even in our highly light-polluted Singapore. And you know the advantage of living in the equator (we're like 1.something deg North)  is that we can view constellations of both the Northern and Southern Hemisphere. Yay! Though left disappointed all the time coz we can't have that nice view here unless we go up somewhere really dark (like where??)  

Che-che took these and a few more. And she was all so excited that she could see the blobs of - bacteria. Haha! Don't you agree they look like bacteria on a petri dish?
These are taken just on my camera at 250mm zoomed and later cropped to enlarge the photo here.

She was excited too when she looked into the telescope and tried to snap a photo on her phone via the eyepiece. Sorry gal, it's not that easy. I'm still figuring out how and what to adjust on my camera when I mount my DSLR on the eyepiece. Got to adjust the aperture and shutter speed and what nots on the DSLR, so how is it possible to take a picture on her iphone (tho' must admit it was the iphone that caught the stars pics for me in GC and DV)

You didn't read wrongly, I bought a telescope which I will write about it later as this post is about the bacteria stars.

No comments: