Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Landform - entry drafted on 16th Feb 18 #lateposting#

Check this out! Zhanye Danxia in China

When I saw this on the movie The Great Wall, it reminds me of Death Valley. At first, I thought it was in some hidden spot where we didn't go.So was surprised that this movie was actually filmed in China. I LOVE THE COLOURS! Even more colourful than Artist Palette in Death Valley. 

I'm sure there are many more landforms that I do not know exists in whichever part of China. We're from the same planet where earth's crust moves and with all the geological changes, I'm sure the sights are equally splendid.    
Why do I have to travel that far to USA to see Grand Canyon ? When Dadu River Jinkou Gorge 大渡河金口大峡谷 is closer. 
" Dadu River Jinkou Grand Canyon is the longest, most dangerous, narrowest, deepest, most powerful, most homogeneous and most secluded Grand Canyon in Sichuan Province, 542 meters deeper than 2133 meters depth of the world-famous Colorado Grand Canyon of the United States , only 10 meters at its narrowest point, narrower than 20 meters width of the previously known world’s narrowest Grand Canyon – Tiger Leaping Gorge. This is truly an incredible adventure, tourist attraction." 

Actually it's the country that speaks for itself! Though we'll be able to travel like emperor and princess in China, I guess the adventure of shopping out in nice clean supermarkets wins us over more than the smelly and loud people pushing their way. We've been to their tea plantation in China where they have trams for tourists. But ..... the.... rough locals cutting queues; shouting impatiently and not forgetting the dust gathered on the seats.  Bumpy roads. Yeeks!
I wonder too how well maintained their National Parks are. With people spitting and throwing rubbish. No matter how nice the place is, they probably won't be able to bring in that many overseas tourists.      

Maybe that's why I get put off when I think about going holiday in China though there are places I've never been before. 

No comments: