Wednesday, October 25, 2006

An offer too good to be true?

Seems too good an offer but I ain't gonna take the risk.

KZ upon seeing my panda eyes, offered to sleep with Aricia and care for her during the night? Too good to be true right?? Since she was the one who offered to help. I declimed the offer, making excuses like she still has to do the housework in the day and cook for the family, what happens if she gets so sleepy and burn my house down as a result of her negligence?
I can't say for sure that she will ill-treat my children. She don't look the sort to me but then again, you can never judge a book by its cover. And I am not taking any chances.... what if she gets frustrated with me for telling her off for things etc... she may vent her frustrations on my children - what more to an infant who can't cry for help.

Just a few days ago, she volunteered to bathe Aricia just because 'she saw how my mom bathe her the day before'. "I know how mom, I saw ah-ma do it." I must be insane or have no hands if I actually let her do it. I know it takes time to practice but no way was I going to let her bathe a baby when she has naver done so before, what if she drops my baby in the tub? If she had wanted a guineapig, don't use my child! I was scared shit that I vowed never to leave her alone with KZ, unless no choice - these weekdays mornings when she had to help look after her while I am doing my massage & wrap.

Like I mentioned before, I can only ask her to do housework and cook. Can't leave my child with her.... I mean, how would you judge her caregiver's skills when she 'promptly prepares to warm up the milk ' when she hears her cries?? We all know that babies cry for many reasons; diapers wet; colic; stomach pain etc.....

No comments: