Sunday, October 1, 2023

On This Day - (1st Oct) #Reminders from FB#

1st Oct 2022

So che-che made me so curious about The Seekers. I realised I heard some of their songs before - Carnival is Over, Georgy Girl.

Then I realised they're an Australian band when I heard Advance Australia Fair, I mean who would sing Australian national anthem unless you're an Australian right? (Actually I knew the lyrics and tune to their national anthem when I was 15 when I bought an Australian electone music book 🤣

Five Hundred Miles is sung by them! My bro Pauline Patrick Teo would always sing this song + many other oldies which is why I recognise some songs. I still prefer the oldies where singers have that unique vocals.



1st Oct 2022


Che-che has been playing this song on repeat "I'll never find another you" by Seekers (which I only knew this group today 🤣. I've vaguely heard this song long long time ago.

Went to the electone and started playing by recalling the tune and figuring out the chords. Once I got the chords, I decided to play around with the rhythm. I started playing funky pop and I must admit I kindda like it.

Note: there's a reason why I love what is taught in Yamaha. I started electone lessons in Cristofori then switched to Yamaha. I learnt to listen. So I can playback tunes I heard, no need for scores. Of course I'm quite a lousy player myself lah!

For the same reason, I wanted my kids to love music for what it is. Not one that is for exams and so what if they have the cert but they hate music? So I went slow with them, they didn't get G8 while in primary school. Started them in Yamaha to make them listen and play in ensemble.



1st Oct 2022


In my blog dated 15th Apr 2008

"Having an older sister means she has someone to emulate. Well....the good and bad she copies.

When the sister cries, wailing out loud, she'll join in too. Giving her sister the support; telling her "you're not alone. Let's cry together."

It's funny to see that little girl would walk to a spot between us; take out her pacifier from her mouth and

"aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah" and she does it in such a funny way. You know it's the fake cry when 1) no tears 2) she tilts her head back; closes her eyes and opens her mouth wide occasionally opening her eyes to look at me or the ceiling and then have that fake squint while still imitating the "aaaaaaaaaaaah". Then she turns to her sister to get the cue when she should stop copying her. Sister still crying? She turns to look ahead or at me and cry. She "cries" until she gives up and walk away. (the last time she copied her sister - sister also bursts out laughing after that) LOL

If copying her is not enough, she has to imitate a little boy. A boy was crying in the public shouting "I dowan, I dowan..

" She heard it, took out her

pacifier; trying to imitate that "pretentious voice" and said "I wan, wan....

" Goash! She knows the

opposite of 'dowan'? "



1st Oct 2021


I've never looked into KSP forum for a long time. A friend's post made me look into it and there it goes again ..



A good thing my girls never cry after their papers but perhaps they felt lousy but just kept their feelings inside

them.

Ehh…..only now they start to hate n curse MOE and the Minister? This will never change, whether how many ministers change hands, no matter what varied ways of scoring system they want to have.



I was and still skeptical abt the new grading system.

Some ppl I know were convinced no more stress, I told them "讲好听而已”. I'm sure they will do another scoring behind the scene and still back to the old scoring system. There's still stress."


1st Oct 2021

Good morning! 


Let’s GO!!

Checkpoint 1

Checkpoint 2

But I need to get back there ⬆️ . U see that bridge there there there?

Always looking forward to setting off to destination but dread when I need to get back. Can I 🚕 back to the car? Or hitch a ride with the cyclists?


The sun is out and I hate to be under the  ☀️. Rest my leg first, did more slow jogging than walking so ahead of my target time.



Got bike also no use already. Crossing that bridge was over n close to start point. Aunty also dunno how to ride 🚴 


Went beyond just that little. I mean really that little before going back to the 🚗 . I needed aircon ❄️ badly.




1st Oct 2016

Eating soil


1st Oct 2015

*added photos to “26th Sep 2015 - Aricia's 9th BD

Party” album 


We organised her a party a week later as hubby / daddy could only return to SIN then. Nevertheless, she had a good time celebrating with her friends



Preparations that were done a month before.


Invitation cards

Chocolate cartoon and chocolate-coated oreo.


Signs pasted at the lift.

Restricted Area sign pasted just right outside the doors on both sides of the room


My big girl helping me. Lovely set-up done by her right.

Great! We both can open a party shop together next time.


Jelly cake (not keeping to the theme coz nobody has done a science theme jelly cake. So it's LPS.) + strawberry cake


The scientist girl that was suppose to go on top of the cake but it broke. She ate it before the party commenced


大姑姑和大姑丈


The few friends that came first


They played around the baby pool and I love the pic of them standing inside the pool with the waterfall behind



The birthday girl


1st Oct 2015

It's hard getting her to smile for me. Today she has a reason to as Daddy got her a new phone.

Somebody is going to be very jealous.





1st Oct 2015

Just some thoughts, I'd like to hear from parents

here.

I was thinking abt yesterday's scenerio in the pharmacy, the lady covering her daughter's (abt

6-7yrs old). I'm not sure why she covered her ears coz I controlled myself from saying the f-word and the b-word when I saw she was standing two person behind me. Maybe the mother wanted to shield her child from the squabbles?

What is your take on this? Would you cover your child's ears?

I would not for sure. Let my child know that this world is filled with "beautiful" vocabulary even if there's a f-word, b-word and even SHIT!! Some say "shit" is a bad word. But my child should not say it. I will also tell me children to stand up for their own rights and not get bullied by others. And this is not a perfect world so most importantly is we do good but if we get trampled on, fight verbally.

We've seen squabbles in public and che-che and me would often discuss abt it. We discuss what could have happened before, what and why we think person A and B reacted in such ways. If that person's reaction is correct or what would have been a better mediation between parties.



1st Oct 2015


She found her mask, some kind soul left it behind the class. The person really dunno that's 宝.

"At least I found my mask right?" - still so yaya papaya.

Still, she deserves the scolding the day before and I am not taking back my words or apologizing to her for scolding her. I have killed her with my words.

She said she will take care and she wants to bring to school. I scared leh! She's really careless. Should I kill her further with my insistent and let the haze kill her?

I still have other N95 masks at home.



1st Oct 2014


"I'm going to eat you" that's what she said to the gummies



1st Oct 2014

Yesterday :-

Sending lil' one to tuition, she asked me "mummy, what r u going to do with che che later? R u going thru work with her?"

😀 Huh? Gimme a break!!!!!




1st Oct 2014


The "electric chair" in studyroom is now taken over by lil one. I rested a day yesterday (che-che is resting all the way till next year) and the cycle begins. The baton has been passed over.

Same book; two girls and two different dates. Wow!

I'm starting all over again. sigh.....



1st Oct 2011

*tagged in Teni’s photos



1st Oct 2010

Outside now... thanks to our new Mobile Starhub thingy, I'm able to log on anywhere (even in the toilet

- haha!) and go online. Woah!



1st Oct 2010


*added photos into “Children's Day - 2010” album



The tags I did for the kids goodie pack. Time consuming but worth it, I'm so happy with the result.

I like the score-d cards


Folded and ready to pack


The untagged goodies.

The ones with ballerinas are for girls, I thought I had ordered enough but .... oh well.

Without ballerinas - for boys



Put in box till I complete everything. And then re=packing them into the various bags for distribution.

Macam like warehouse like that



Things I ordered online which all came in at the same time as those goodies for mei-mei's birthday.

Packed for some kids


Baked marble cake on Wed morning. Wed night, did these. Started my "illegal night job" at 11+ after kids sleep. (che-che and me had a long day on Wed, we only came back close to 10pm)

Coated with chocolate, could have done a better job.

Sprinkled sprinklers, M&Ms.


Two containers - 1 for MMI kids, 1 for che-che's class girls. With the tag. But ...

.. I forgot to put them in. Argh!

For the record, I finished everything at 5+am - Thursday.

Didn't sleep entire day.



Wow! I'm speechless! See the whole row of goodies for the cuties of N2s.




1st Oct 2010

Wah…you ladies (IJ mummies) are really fast this time. I will upload mine later. Yesterday exhausted coz' no sleep entire day. Reason? Later will show in pic. Yesterday brought che-che for Berries, I fell asleep in the car. Like those taxi ah lao like that.


## Alyse commented : 

Li, why so unglam. Sleep in the car??I hope you close your mouth when you were sleeping. Kekekeke......



No comments: