Friday, December 24, 2010

Winter wonderland

We lugged our heavy bags to Korea this year-end. Too late in our departure date, as compared to our normal standard, but on the bright side. We get to spend Christmas in Korea. I had hoped for snow, so that my girls will get to spend their first White Christmas. It was an unforgettable experience for them.

We had to start our holiday with a terrible delay. Flight was suppose to depart at close to 11pm. Tourguide called us at home to inform that flight would be delayed for one hour. When we reached the airport, we were further delayed to 1+. Then came the shocker. Flight delayed to 3+am. OMG! If we had known, we'd rather stay at home and let the kids rest in their comfortable beds. We were really exhausted, trying to get the kids to rest in the lounging area. Knowing that our loved ones are comfortable in their bed; lights dimmed... we @#$% under our breathe. We had to struggle with 2 kids who simply refused to sleep and kept complaining "so bright, I cannot sleep." Feeling paiseh, we left the area as there were many others resting. Seems like other flights were also delayed??

It is indeed tiring for all, crew and passengers alike. We went to the holding room late, and saw many blankies around. Hidden below are treasures that snores. Snacks and drinks were served. I look at my 2 girls who were still so energetic, I need to spike their drink with alcohol to knock them out. Or perhaps it should be the other way huh?


Finally, the plane took off. Woah! I slept like a baby. Landing - one girl in the same tour group was in severe pain. Cried.. apparently her mother said she always had that. But OMG! you should see her face. So poor thing. She asked if my girls had this problem. I said no, never had it. Wah lau eh! Jinx! Aricia turned to me and told me "mummy, my ear is very painful." Eh? When did she have this problem? But my brave mature girl endured and simply ask "mummy, can you give me a sweet?" Actually so proud of my girls... maybe one day can try to travel in business class with them. Will scream in cabin or not? Will make us feel paiseh or not? Haha! That day will never come unless we strike 4D.


At Incheon Airport, all of us changed into thick clothings. Macam stacking up all their sweaters onto them .. the luggage...nope - was still heavy. Ah.... my lil' girl looks a little pui-pui now. The kids were happy and relieved with that cold air blowing in their face. Ha! At that moment I told myself - wait a few more days & see if you're happy or miserable.


They made new friends with this pair of sisters, the younger girl is the same age as che-che and the older girl is 13. 4 girls, together they look like LOL


The girls enjoyed their company. Suddenly we had 3 girls bundled up together in 2 seats.


On the whole, the trip was good. And this time round mummy (me) did fuss over my food! Well, I'm still doing that diet thingy where I avoid pork (red meat) I've been craving for rice dumplings!! And Korean food uses alot of pork. So I ended up eating some ikan bilis which I've brought along for them. Pathetic! The girls? Actually not so bad as what I had expected as compared to the China trips. They both love seaweed. Mei-mei not as fussy as che-che this trip, she ate the condiments (ikan bilis - she calls them); sea kelps; drank the soup without fussing; ate some pork. Was hoping to plump her up this trip but she ended up losing the fats by jumping around too much.


We went skiing, ehh.... it was me and che-che but she needed help from daddy and was so frightened. ?!?!?! Gave up barely 10 mins later. Chey! I tried and I fell. I tried the method which the tour-guide aka ski instructor taught us to get up. I couldn't!! http://www.facebookloginhut.com/facebook-login/
Too fat? Too cumbersome? Got up after removing skiis and putting them back again. Tried skiing again. It's fun, I wish I can continue but they were bored. Real bored! MIL didn't ski and was freezing in the cold; hubby was taking care of the 2 girls who were filling up Aricia's sled with snow. I had a bruise on my leg which took days to recover. But well, you need to fall to learn how to ski. - that's what I told chec-che but she's not brave enough.


We went Jeju. And weather over there was -16. Brrrr..brrr...http://www.facebookloginhut.com/facebook-login/ Nice place would love to go back there again, maybe for our 15th Anniversary? Can travel without the girls? I've always wanted to go Easter Island, seeing those carvings in Jeju kindda reminded me about Easter Island. Perhaps this is the cheaper alternative. Then on 24th, it started snowing. Woah! We went horse-riding. The girls chickened out. And since the girls are not with me, I asked the guy to let the horse gallop twice. I swear my heart was about to drop out, coz' stupid man. I told him light gallop he whacked the backside and the horse went so fast. Wah lau eh.... if I had any dentures or wearing wig, it would have dropped off somewhere!! Went for ATV ride, che-che sat with me. Fun experience!

25th - Christmas. Not as white as what I had expected. But God heard my prayers and it snowed before we left Jeju. Nevertheless that White Christmas experience is for my girls not me.
Tour took us to Everland and Lotte World. Which we didn't cover much, so we need to make another trip again - this time on our own. I don't like joining tour but it does save me time to plan trip and do all the logistics by myself while trying hard to juggle in my daily "work".
We left for home on 27th Dec. Sigh... daily grind is about to start soon. And it saddens me the more I think of it. Time being, I shall think and look forward to our next holiday.


Complain! Complain!

Hubby always like to complain me over-packing; bringing too much rubbish etc..Ha! I had the last laugh! My kids are kept warm and cozy. And didn't he complain about me bringing my thermal flask? So? He did ask me for some hot water. HUH!

As usual the kiasu, kiasi me brought along herbal packs so made some for the kids to drink; made some for me & hubby to drink. Very well- taken care of. And he say I bring medicine like bringing whole house over. No choice, the worst thing is to fall sick when you're holidaying and you have no medication at all. Good thing we didn't need anything from "my pharmacy" except mei-mei suddenly ran a fever when we arrived in SEL. So for the next 2 days I made sure she was nursed back to health.

I don't mind winter but I HATE TO TRAVEL IN WINTER WITH KIDS!!
















No comments: