Monday, April 1, 2024

New term = new schedule

Turns out this term this birdie 🦜 will need some food 🐛from home 3x a week. I’m beginning to feel cheated of my money coz I have to buy her food and she gets to save the money daddy gives her. 


3 2 days of 想来想去

Tuesdays : similar to Term 1 it’s PE after lunch on so will just pack bread for her. Nothing heavy for her. 

Wednesdays : will be a 9-3 day so I’ll need to pack lunch.

Thursdays : Thursdays is always a rush for me in the mornings. With this term starting 2hrs earlier means I have lesser sleeping hours and a fight between having that extra 15mins for sleep or to wake up and prepare her food and prepare myself to leave the house. 
Two choices - to cook for her or to buy 
If I choose to cook, I’ll have to prepare something either the day before or ….. I can slow cook a dish overnight (because it’s ridiculous for me to spend one hour cooking for her and feel so sweaty after that, I’d want to shower after that which means I need more time) then pack it the next morning. Now reminds me maybe I can look for slow cooker recipes OR cook extra portion of one of Wednesdays dinner’s dish and extra portion of rice to steam heat the next day. I just have to deal with the dirty dishes left in the sink till I return home at 5+pm. I’m the magician at home, it sucks! For such arrangement, it means I can just pack mom’s lunch and get stuffs then head over.
If I choose the easy way out of packing food for her, it’s not entirely a clear cut task either. After FightDo class ends at 11am, I have to pack her lunch, mom’s lunch and probably drop by NTUC to get my groceries and a little groceries for her. It’s a chop chop quick quick rush from one place to another for these tasks within 30mins. Always doing these for them that I can’t even have lunch with my FightDo class people 😔. Her lunch time is at 12pm but sometimes she ends class at 11.30, 11.35, 11.20 really very unpredictable. So most times I’ll have to wait outside her school under the hot 🥵 sun until she calls me and then I drive in to pass her food. There are days too when I’m still waiting for the food or OTW to her when she calls. Can get really frustrating not knowing what time each day each lesson ends. 
After I pass her her lunch. I’ll go by mom’s to pass her her lunch and I’ll stay there until around 4 to leave to pack dinner for lil’ one. Normally I’ll take a shower, chat then take a short nap. I would love to go back home where I have things to do but it’s like the only time I go back to see her, so I usually stay unless I have errands to run. Lil’ one ends at 5pm, really no point in me cooking. Won’t die in Singapore, so many kinds of food here. But maybe I should buy something while packing for lunch which I can heat up close to pickup time and put in a thermos flask for her. Very cham leh! My girl eat so slow that every minute in the ride home is precious.  

If mom is not in Tampines
I’ll just head back home straightaway and get some work done around the house, pack lil’ one’s dinner the same time as lunch then go over to pick her from home. 
Always lots of washing to do. Thermos flask, containers etc…just to make sure her food is piping hot. 


Adapting to her stupiak lunch arrangements
Now that I reach OTH on Thursdays earlier. Then what? What am I going to do? Eat? Nap? Non-perishables grocery run? 



GIRL AH…..CAN’T YOU JUST QUEUE UP AND BUY YOUR FOOD? YOU GIVE YOUR MOMMY SO MUCH WORK TO DO.


No comments: