Saturday, September 9, 2017

New task

The day before yesterday, che-che suddenly asked me about my DSLR and asked me to bring it for our US trip. I told her I'm not bringing and that's when she volunteered that she would help to carry it for me.
The reason why I am hesistant is because I'm always the one lugging heavy stuffs with me during holidays while the rests seems to have nothing with them. I carry camcorder (yup! old- fashioned), one compact Sony camera, maybe extra batteries, tissues (both dry and wet), 2 folded plastic bags, 2-3 sandwich bags, a few rubber bands, plasters, disposable ponchos, my handy Swisscard (my best investment I bought from ZRH ever!) UMBRELLAS! Hubby always have no habit in carrying all these, citing that even bringing medicines overseas is a waste of space and only makes the luggage heavy EX-SIN. Asking me not to bring out umbrellas at all when we're out but so many times I rescued everyone from sudden downpour. I'm always able to have a plastic bag ready too if we need it for grocery shopping. Then only did he realize the importance, at least for the few recent trips he'd help to put one umbrella in his bag.    
Anyway, che-che was so excited that she tried the camera and kept asking me what is this button; that button. Then she expressed regrets that she didn't pay attention during photography class in Primary school. I don't even have the time to sit down and study the camera though I bought this like 6 years ago? I guess I never got the opportunity for a free time to use it yet as a hobby? Yes, I love photography but ........ parenting has made me give up (for the time being) my interests.   

I gave her a task of doing some reading up on how to use the camera after her SA2s. 

Perhaps I shall give her the task of figuring out how to use the Silhouette Cameo as well. 

No comments: