Friday, March 18, 2011

More branded stuffs

What can you say when you have a materialistic mother?

You try to influence your child, then you end up with two furry balls. Oops! Better make myself clear before PETA comes in and skin me alive.They're merely hamsters and they are named Gucci and Chanel.
Okay, so why the funny name? The kids have no idea and came out with one that is their friend's hamster name. I told them no copying but in the end I'm the one infringing copyright. Ha! All I could think was Gucci, Chanel, Prada, Hermes - 2 syllabus that's is not mouthful for two highly excited kids (who sound inaudible when they talk excitedly).

I dunno what prompted hubby to make such promise - that commitment to take care of pets. I thought fish died already no need to have any pets. Better still - more free time right? They harped on it for days and tried to be angelic to get their hammies. And well they waited patiently for daddy to return back from his multiple trips, finally had a weekend in SIN and off we went on 20th Feb.

There were so many different kinds of hammies. Roborovskii, Dwarf Campbell, Winter White and Pudding. Roborovskii are fast so it's definitely a no-no for the girls.Finally decided on Pudding when asked for the tamest hamster. I had a good laugh looking at the breed, they seem to have some 'balancing' problem? They walk and then fall backwards, walk and fall backwards.
Once we zero-ed in on the breed, next I asked for both females. They brought out all the females for me and let the girls selected theirs.

One caught my attention immediately, that was the littlest and it was really curious. The other 3 cuddled in one corner. Mei-mei chose that curious one.Che-che finally chose hers and it remained still. Haha! I'm sorry, I know you're not a statue. No need to remain still. And it must be really frightened - it pooed!!

Then came the challenging part of trying to listen what the guy was telling me how to care for hamsters and trying to sieve out the unneccesary stuffs amidst the excited kids asking me to "see! mummy see! so cute! so funny!"

The total costs $380+. Wow! So much for two furry balls. Hopefully it's a chance for them to learn ownership.


Outside the pet shopGuess who this is? Right! It's the curious little ChanelNot shy and .. DARING! Dare to run out of the sandbox. Gucci stayed putNow.. finally .... look who's looking at me now.




No comments: