Tuesday, August 10, 2010

YOG flame

Che-che had asked to see the relay torch at her school when I told her about it. But no way am I going to stand under the hot noon sun. I decided that when it comes through Punggol, I'd do it.

This morning, got up early and brought the kids down. (Mei-mei is nursing her runny nose so didn't go school.)

The weather didn't seem co-operative. But it beats standing under the hot sun for sure!

We were just in time! Didn't have to wait long before the big buses came followed by the rests. Felt a sense of pride when I saw the brightly-burning flame.

Photos :







Journey of the Youth Olympic Flame (JYOF)
A simple flame passed hand to hand
Not by the fastest or the strongest,
But by people whose greatest gift is what they give of themselves
Because, it’s not just what you do for the record books,
It's what you do for others.


No comments: