Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Somebody striked toto - Her staycation (Day 1)

Ever since some girls were put on QO in the nice hotel in Sentosa, lil' one has been saying she wished she gets to be on QO.

They heard her and granted her her wish. Hee! 

TIMELINE OF EVENTS

8th Aug (Sun)  
@ 6.12pm - FT called to inform that a girl in another class, where lil' one goes to for MT, is tested positive. As such, she and 4 other girls from her form class will have to serve LOA till 19th Aug (Fri) as investigations/tracing being done. FT asked not to divulge this information publicly until things are confirmed (I think she said that coz someone must have tipped off the media previously? The whole details of memo from school were in the news printed word for word.)   

Thought to self at night, I should quickly go out next morning to drop cheque, get some groceries for home just incase we all get locked in.

9th Aug (Mon)
@ 11.05am - Saw message in Parents Gateway on a mandatory swab test on the 10th and HBL from 11th to 13th Aug.

@ 11.39am - MOH lady, Jenny, called to inform that she's placed on QO. Though was mentally prepare she might be upgraded to QO, my mind wasn't that clear when it's confirmed by MOH. At that time thought maybe I should go with her. Cannot dilly dally my errands but quickly rushed out of house to return books, bank in cheque and do a grocery run. Told her to make a packing list on a paper, I have mine ready in here.   

@ 12+pm - lil' one happy to know she's on QO and wants to do it alone!   Excitement excitement!

@ ?? - While walking from places (library - drop books, postal office - post Mio's card, NTUC) Messaged tutors to go on Zoom during her QO period and to email me things to be printed so I can organize her things. Must admit I like Mr Mak's style, very organized and he got it out very fast for me. Even during the CB period last year, he was the most efficient one and emailed me earlier to get them printed out for her, all ready for his next lesson.  

@ - packed her bag for her. She's the light traveller just coz it's mummy's style . She has more books than personal effects.  

Packing list :
1) Study related (consists of books, notes, pencil case, calculator, test pad paper, graph paper, long ruler)
2) x3 sets of home clothes
3) x2 sets of outside clothes
4) undergarments
5) Toiletry bag (consists of Kiehls shampoo & conditioner, Kiehls Calendula facewash, Lavender & White Angelica essential oil, clothes detergent & scrub, toothbrush & toothpaste)
6) Electrical peripherals
7) Misc (brown bear toy, bedroom slipper, isopropyl alcohol spray, panadol, plasters)
8) abit of snacks. She doesn't want to pack alot as she's worried if she'd be  heaty) 

Anyway, I did tell her that I can always pack things for her if she needs them.  

@ 6.30pm - MOH lady, Gurmit, confirmed lil' one's details. And said she can be put on QO at home, but I told her our preference. She agreed and said it's easier for us too, otherwise we need to be quarantined with her. I didn't check with her if the 3 of us needs to be swabbed as well if it was a home QO, I didn't want to confuse her. I mean they're not here to chitchat with us but to disseminate information as quickly as possible 

So, it's hotel by herself. I will need to acknowledge consent via a message sent to my WhatsApp in the next 5-10mins. 

Briefed me on procedures that will happen within the next 24 - 48hrs. 
> 1st team is the Swab Team. Will call an hour before arriving at my place. I can check the results in HealthHub the next day. 
> 2nd team is the Conveyance Team. They will call 1-2hrs before pickup and I can check with them which hotel she will be brought to.

Other information briefed :
- She's subjected to security checks (no nail clippers, scissors, knives) at the hotel security
- She needs another swab test for exit one day before QO ends. Hotel will give the green light to check out at 12pm or later after the negative results. She will make her way home herself.    

@ 6.54pm - Message received and replied within the next 2 minutes. 

@ 7.26pm - Someone (which I found out later it was her who did the swab test) called to inform that swab staff will come over between 8.30 to 9pm.

@ 7.30pm - MOH lady, G, returned call to acknowledged receipt of my consent. And repeated on the 2 steps procedures again. 
Blunder - I misinterpreted her saying she's "going there alone" as in she was to make her way there to the hotel alone, and let out a big "huh? alone?" She was confused "yes, you asked for her to be alone I sent you the consent form". Oh my my.. when I realised my silly blunder I laughed and apologised to her that I heard wrongly. She said she had to wear a mask the whole day and the background is very noisy so sometimes people can't hear her well. Empathized with her and agree that it's not easy on her, but nonetheless I'm truly appreciative of her hard work this dreadful period and thanked her. She's a very friendly lady  

@ 8.19pm - a friendly gentle lady came by to do swab. She couldn't find our unit as she parked car on the 2nd level, so I directed her down to 1st floor and let her in by our PES. She informed that she's not supposed to step into the house, so grabbed a chair for her to do the swab outside. And suay lor! People had to walk by our unit at that time, so all looked... but perhaps it's a norm already. Let's see if my main door and floor is splashed with Dettol the next day.   

10th Aug
I must admit this waiting game is so agonizing. I feel like eating bak chor mee, want to run out to dapao also dare not. When will they call? Will they call?

@ 1+ - she told me her friend A (from Sec 303) received a phonecall. And she was heading to Holiday Inn Express Katong

@ 2.20pm - her friend, A, messaged her saying she saw her name in the same hotel list and they were both so happy. 

@ 3.39pm - a gentleman called to inform he is on his way. Double checked on the hotel she'll be conveyed to. At least we know when she'll be conveyed 

@ 4.17pm - he called and I brought her down to basement carpark. It's an SMRT  cab. 

@4.24pm - just as I was waiting for the cab driver to drive off. I received another phonecall from MOH. Was told "Are you aware of a case in 301? I would like to inform you that your daughter is under QO until .. and she is to ..." I had to cut her short and told her she's actually in the cab now to be taken to the facility, and she falls under the previous class case. The lady then informed me she'll strike her off from this list then. 

@4.25pm - cab drove off 

@ 5+ - In hotel. Let her settle herself, did a video call with her after she had her shower. All clean, all excited.  


No comments: