Thursday, August 26, 2021

Am I coming back on track?

After all the sinning and breaking rules since June, my ketone level reading was really low. Low that I wonder if I was still in ketosis. Plus there were just so many keto goodies I had. OMG! I have a bad weakness for desserts and sweets. 

Perhaps I was able to keep track coz I ran out of goodies and chocolates, which is also about time as I topped up and am expecting my chocolates soon and ketojunkie's goodies came in today. 

Had a splitting headache yesterday (25th) and something tells me to get the blood test kit out. My ketone read 0.7mmol/L and glucose went down to 4.2mmol/L. Based on GKI calculation I'm 6, which means I'm in low level ofketosis. Initially wanted to eat the chocolate chip cookie that Aruna (@ketojunkie) gave, I decided against it. I'm finally seeing some positive signs so I do not want to jinx it. 

Slept at 11pm. It was the time I slept when I started keto. But sometime in June, I began sleeping late at 2am. So does sleep affects keto results? Yes, apparently it does.

26th Aug (Thu)

My weight had been stagnant at 69kg for some time, inevitable since I was on high level of intoxicating myself with all the goodies. So this morning's 68kg gave me some positive vibes. *wink wink*

Went for Fight Do class and after sending the girls to Tampines and I returned home, I had headache again but I was also very hungry. By then it was already 3+pm, it was my late lunch. 

Took the test kit out again. My ketone reading read 0.6mmol/L and glucose went even southwards to 3.6mmol/L.  GKI Index is 6, which means I'm in low level of ketosis. 

Bought KFC for dinner. should i eat it? My ChocZero haul arrived. Oh no! 

I had only one piece of chicken breast and that's it coz I'll hit my carbs intake if I were to eat two. Told myself not to eat the chocs but ..... I took one hazelnut choc. Argh! I have very weak will power. So I guess the best thing is not to have those things at home. I won't think of them if I don't see them right? I really need to be more disciplined. 5months into this diet and only 10kg lost (my weight was stagnant after 3mths coz nottie girl lor...), I would have lost more if I had been more strict with myself.  

No comments: