Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Keto Bakes

Kept seeing this popups in my FB from Goodness Eats. Haha! Just cause I was craving for ondeh ondeh and was looking for recipes. Instead of showing me recipes, it showed me a bakery selling ondeh ondeh pastry tarts. Might as well just place an order. 

Placed an order on 28th July (Wed) night for a delivery on 31st July (Sat)

My order :
1) Keto Ondeh piah pastry - $28/-

2) Teacakes Combo (x2 keto ondeh teacake, x2 keto walnut coffee teacake) - $30/- 






3) Keto Madeleine - marble salted caramel - $12/-

Total cost : $70/-

Really expensive! Think the most expensive keto snacks I've bought so far? 

Verdict :

1) First try was the ondeh teacake - Nice and soft and not sweet. The man likes it too! I only wished the "gula melaka filling" is thicker. Nonetheless , it's nice to have this craving satisfied.

2) Ondeh piah -   Apart from my mistake, which I didn't read properly. Only 4 pieces! $7/- per piece. It's the second thing I tried the next day (Sun). The tart is savoury. $7/- per piece, I had better not waste anything. I shall check for recipe and bake on my own next time? 
But I'm really missing - the soft pandan glutinous riceballs with gula melaka oozing out as you bite into it. Still this ondeh piah is a good alternative without breaking my carbs count.  

3) Madelaines - not a sweet taste which is satisfyingly good. But it somehow has that weird taste? The taste is more obvious in the madelaines than the cakes. Not sure what it is, they do taste like how a keto bakes should taste.

No comments: