Wednesday, July 7, 2021

“小妹,煮饭一定要放糖” (jul 7)

 Came across this quote today in The Daily Tonic

“If you truly treat your body like a temple, it will serve you well for decades. If you abuse it you must be prepared for poor health and a lack of energy.”

– Oli Hille

And just today it got me thinking that I’m lucky to have read up on keto. On why cutting sugar and even experimented on myself (actually was greedy so kept eating keto snacks n chocolates) is important. 

Quote from : https://ketogenicdiet.reviews/how-much-sugar-can-you-have-on-the-keto-diet/
However, for the keto diet to work its magic, you need to become a carb detective so you can avoid the one food group that could sabotage your progress. Spotting carbs is easy enough, just read your food labels. But what about sugar? How much sugar can you have on keto? 

Sugar is a simple carbohydrate which means, like carbs, eating too much will kick you out of ketosis and put the brakes on fat loss. Because of this, you need to develop a sixth-sense for sugar and avoid it whenever you can. 

Does that mean you can’t eat any sugar? Absolutely not! But you do need to make sure you limit your intake. Sugar and keto do not mix well! 


Can you imagine they add rock sugar in beef soup. The stall assistant commented if food don’t add msg, they will add rock sugar. That's the reason why there are so many cancer, diabetes cases in the world!

When I bought the meatballs in Toa Payoh, another old lady (customer) also said “小妹,煮饭一定要放糖 no sugar not nice”.
 
She's not wrong, they're not wrong. I experimented on my cooking last CB. When I don’t add sugar and after I add sugar, the food taste different n better. When I cook fishball noodles soup, I added sugar for the first time and lil’ one said it’s nice tasting like outside. 
So now I know when I cook following recipes, why sometimes my food tastes horrible. Coz when they ask for salt or sugar, most times I’ll omit them.  

Yes, I have a sweet tooth. I noticed when I was really strict with my keto diet. My weight went down. But these days it doesn’t coz I’ve been snacking on sugar. And why the shifus all say don’t eat sugar, don’t eat bakery. You’ll make your body crave for more. Damn! So true! 

No comments: