Thursday, October 1, 2020

Wah....not bad not bad

Before I really decide to embark on keto, the first thing I need to check is - Are chocolates keto friendly? Although I love my potato chips, my cheese flavoured Roller Coaster, my chicken in a biscuit, my eureka hot n spicy popcorn etc.... a whole long list. So now you know where all my fats came from! But chocolates are heavenly, so I think when I die and go heaven (i think) I can find chocolates there right? 

So that led me to go on a web search and I’m so happy with this article from : 

 https://www.eatthis.com/keto-dark-chocolate/


"Dark chocolate can absolutely be keto-friendly, as dark chocolate will often times have less sugar than many milk chocolate bars," says Walsh.

I LOVE DARK CHOCOLATES! So I’ve been on a keto chocolate, I can take up to 85% cocoa chocolates. Tried 90% before, can be a struggle but still doable. 


What are some of the best keto-friendly dark chocolate brands?

"With the popularity of keto, there are many low-carb and keto-friendly dark chocolate products available," Walsh says. Here are her top 5 picks of keto-friendly chocolate brands.

Lilly's Dark Chocolate

"The bars are sweetened with stevia and erythritol, a sugar alcohol that is typically much more GI-friendly compared to the sugar alcohol maltitol in many sugar-free candies," she says.

There are about 4 grams net carbs per serving, but Walsh says that number may vary depending on the variety. For example, Lilly's offers several different flavors of dark chocolate including almond, sea salt, and coconut.

Lilly's dark chocolate is also Fairtrade certified.

Choc Zero

"Choc Zero is another low-carb and keto favorite that is very low in carbs, usually coming in at about 2 grams net carbs per serving, it utilizes monk fruit, which is another non-nutritive, natural sweetener," says Walsh.

Lindt Excellence 90 percent Cocoa Supreme

Walsh says this dark chocolate bar from Lindt is keto-friendly, thanks to its mega-high cacao percentage. "It clocks in at around 7 grams of carbs per serving," she says.

I know a lot of ppl in the keto FB group tend to go for this but I’m rather spoilt, I’d like to go for better chocolates. Lindt is not bad but there are better ones. I know coz I’m a chocolate connoisseur. No wonder my kids are spoilt too! If I’m still jetting the skies, my kids would be so fortunate as I’d buy them goodies on every trip. Now they only wait for daddy to spoil them. 

Alter Eco Deep Dark Blackout

Another dark chocolate bar that's super high in cocoa concentration is Alter Eco Deep Dark Blackout, with 85 percent cacao and only 6 grams of net carbs.

Alter Eco chocolate bars are Fair Trade certified.

Endangered Species 88 percent Dark Chocolate

Endangered Species is another Fairtrade chocolate bar producer that offers a variety of dark chocolate options, including hazelnut toffee, tart raspberry, and cinnamon and cayenne. The one of interest here is the Panther, also known as Strong + Velvety Dark Chocolate, which contains 88 percent cocoa solids and clocks in at 11 grams net carbs per serving.


No comments: