Sunday, September 9, 2018

Busy with what

So I'm not going to care about that 42 drafts for the time being. I shall post what I need to post right now. 

So what have I been busy with? Apart from the daily never-ending household chores and being an unpaid chauffeur, and sitting through with lil' one. There are times where I can leave her alone as I can't help her with those revision, I scan stuffs.

Scan stuffs
It was easy to pack che-che's primary stuffs in 2014, as we packed almost everything for lil' one. However for lil' one's case, everything just ends here. Thank goodness! There were some really good materials either from tuition or from friends, or I typed out for them which will be a waste to discard them away leaving no trace. So I decided to scan them into the computer. If she needs them for reference next time, at least we can look for it in the hard disk. I'm trying hard to declutter the house.  辛苦的 decluttering. I had been doing this for the past few months but it was only 2 months ago that I can fully concentrate on this as prior to that, I had to type in notes for her which were on the top of the priority list of To-Dos. What notes? I think I have this somewhere in my draft folder so I shall not re-type the whole lot.  
I wish I had an auto-feed scanner where I can leave it in the tray and it starts scanning while I busy with other things.Can kill two birds in one stone. 
I scan them early into the mornings too, until 2+am. My sleeping time is really haywire now. 

New things to do
1) Plan holiday itinery x2. PSLE Marking Days and the year-end trip
HKG in October : Though we've been there many times. Wondering if there's a need for me to plan or should we just anyhow walk here and walk there? 
Year-end trip : apart from the air ticket, nothing is done so far. The man is leaving everything to che-che. Which is ridiculous coz it'll be too late to book hotels or in some case, Anne Frank Haus needs advance booking. I mean, leave it to them then nothing is done properly. Then again, leave everything to me is chiong all the sights. Will he follow the itinery? Should I get Youth Eurail pass for them to save on the rail fares? All these need early planning. You mean they don't know?    

2) Need to burn the JVC videos to get some space for our year-end holiday. 
You're right. I'm one super old-fashioned person who still carries a video camera around for our holidays. 
Asked dad to pass me his recorder so that I can do it at home but he refused to lend me, as if I will spoil his stuff or refuse to return to him. Then I also worry if he'll do what he did last year. He recorded from the playback on TV. ?!?!?! Clarity is not there but as usual he always return my stuffs late. Rather he likes to procrastinate and then suddenly say he only have 2 days to finish everything. I usually give it to him with a month or two grace period and tell him much earlier I need the camera back. And guess what? He procrastinate so my earlier date became the few days before trip. And I still gotta chase chase chase. In the end, last year instructions on how to get the videos out in segments. I put individual holidays into one individual project. And he jumbled up the CDs, in one CD I can have Spain holiday and suddenly I have something else inside. When I got back the CDs last year, I had to accept it coz there simply wasn't anymore time left and he didn't want to lend me his recorder. I can do it while I'm doing housework and I know when the videos will end coz' I know the contents. 
I have a recorder at home which nobody wants to help me install. Ask hubbby, he shrugs his shoulder and walks away. Ask my father, he forever busy busy. Also I wasn't sure if the remote control works anymore. Or whether this recorder even works with this new TV!! We have our first recorder back in Punggol but it doesn't work with new TVs so I have no idea why I still keep that DVD recorder. Even this current one, I'm hoping that a miracle will happen and it works so that I can reformat 2-3 CDs which I didn't get the chance to do so last time. You must be asking me why did I even bring this over now. Coz' I was hoping for the time to do it but apparently not so coz I have my hands filled with so many stuffs. 

Digital 
Ideally I wanted everything in the house to be stored into one hard disk. Like my 亲家, he has no CDs in his house.  He tells me in every room is like a karaoke room, the kids wants to watch what channel, they key in they get it. The only setback is that you need one gigantic memory CPU, like FBI/CIA keeping datas. Told hubby about this, and he tells me to find out more myself - like I'm one smart IT person like that?! In the end, my idea of hiding whatever wiring before renovation went down the drain coz' nobody to help me and I was on solo, I needed to pace myself what is more important to do - then it was che-che's PSLE. 
Before moving, I did burn some DVDs into digital format and got rid of the DVDs but after that I found I didn't have enough time to finish up the rests so moved them into this house. 3 years later, I still haven't found the time to do so. If i can remember how to do it also. 

So technically I should digitalized these videos right? Then again, nobody to help me. The only way I thought I can do so is to use Pinnacle Studios or Adobe Premiere but it may take up more space per disk than ordinary burn via DVD recorder. Never mind, put into CD first to confirm I have the video recordings out before I delete the cam-corder to get some space. When I'm free (like when?) then maybe burn into hard disk? Double work? I think so...... but currrently now as I'm typing this, I'm also scanning at the same time and copying some holiday files over to computer. But the files all jumbled up, they can't sort it according to the "time taken". ARGH!!!! It will take me some longer time to edit them by myself. If only I can have that DVD recorder - nobody sells it now. It's almost as good as being an antique item just like DVD portable players with screen. Who uses that anyway? I used to own one, bringing them with me on holidays to keep the young girls entertained. Now, with one handy dandy handphone everything is all inside.     

Anyway, right after the PSLE I'll still be kept busy. Photobooks, tidy house, clear stuffs, mend the wall cracks and re-paint the PES, clean the grouts in the whole house. I scrub the grouts every half a year but I haven't been able to do so this year. I really wish hubby can help especially for those jobs around the house, I really can't manage on my own.

3) Late birthday celebration?
Had this thought of giving lil' one (and maybe che-che - though her idea of a celebration would be one without her family) one celebration before she graduates. I find it's so silly that now we have the use of the function room, we hardly use it. Although I've proven over the years that I can get something impressive out within a week (meaning late nights and slogging through)..... hmm...... forget it. Save my own life.   
             

No comments: