Thursday, May 10, 2018

Tulips

Since the cherry blossoms made way for Tulips on 13th April, I have been to Flower Dome 3 times to date. Too many times; too free? On the contrary no. When I need that well deserved break from all the shit and feeling so bloody depressed, I'll declare no housework for the first half of the day and just immerse myself to the flowers. Beautiful, quiet. Somehow it helps to cheer me up, boost up my mood and lessen my iritability before dealing with more shit. 

13th April (Fri)
Stepped into the conservatory at 9am sharp. 

The early risers are mainly the pros. They bring their tripod with them, most of them with just one lens (unlike me. I lugged both lens out and was changing it all the time like one stupid joker) 

*Please bear with the photos sequencing in this post. Seemed to have jumbled up as I loaded the pics here and I have problem editing the html so I will leave it as it is. 

There were around 4 cherry blossoms trees left in the conservatory which surprised me. I thought they'd remove all the trees but I'm happy! Coz/ I never tire from looking at the blossoms.

As it was brought in just a day ago, the tulips are mostly closed, with some peeking at their new environment. 


 Fushcias. I love the ballerinas, but they're not easy flowers to care.


 Look at the beautiful colours. Can they be here for a longer period of time?  

 Muscari - blue, urn-shaped flowers resembling bunches of grapes in the spring.
 Some kind of lavender. No scent at all. 


 Not sure what colour are the tulips as they remain tightly closed. Too shy?  


Che-che's favourite Daisy (Commonly called Shasta Daisy or scientifically read with a mouthful Leucanthemum x superbum)





"I'm taller than you"

 Adenium. How is it they can flower so nice here? And mine always don't seem to survive?







 Amaryllis
The crowds came in at 10. So basically I had one hour of "taking my time to appreciate the flowers". Snapping the pictures do take some time. At least I have that quiet moment by myself without anyone photo-bombing me with their outstretched hands or legs 


 Perspiring? 
For the record, I took 541 shots!! Every picture is nice (coz the models are pretty) and it's really difficult to put all the pictures in here.

18th April (Wed) - A last minute trip down with the girls. Didn't bring my bulky camera so have to make do with my lousy iphone. Oh! Che-che took with her iPhone 8 and the outcome are so much better. I took the chance and joined as a member, so I can come and go whenever I need to.   

The boxed displays change position? Or did they plant in new ones?    






 This is different! They didn't have any flowers 5 days ago in this 'fountain'. I remember at that time I saw two plastic boxes hidden in one corner with some hyacinth and joked with a staff nearby "they couldn't plant it in in time for the 9am opening". But really thankful for the staffs to put in the night work to let us enjoy the flowers.   



 A picture of the girls

10th May (Thu) - it's been almost a month since I went. Things had been really hectic, either one of them have exam and I make more trips to and fro Marine Parade and home as some days che-che returns home after her papers at 9+, 10+ these 2 weeks.  Took a morning break (and slogged later in the afternoon)
Love the outcome of these pictures. DSLR really gives sharp and vibrant colours.
"A tulip doesn’t strive to impress anyone. It doesn’t struggle to be different than a rose. It doesn’t have to. It is different. And there’s room in the garden for every flower."
by Marianne Williamson



Daisies "Sedia" - vying for the sunlight



Pollen grains on a white lily






















See the cutesy aphid? But if this is on my plant, it will DIE!


I'm relatively pleased with the pictures I took today, definitely not as much as the first time but more than the second time. I took the advice of a pro photographer I met on 13th April "taking pictures of what I really want", so I brought only the 70-250mm lens with me. 


No comments: