Sunday, January 2, 2011

Changes and changes

I hate it when school make their changes in long hours. I certainly hate it too when enrichment classes make their changes too? Why 2 parties? Why can't centres just move the class up accordingly in the same time slot? Gives me headache since I'm the main chauffeur. (but I should be thankful that we were given the school hours for this year before the term ends last year. So I'm able to know which day to block for CCAs, extra lessons etc..)
Lorna's class
There isn't any Wednesday class now. Slot her in for Thursday class. I love to cramp everything in a day so that it saves on my travelling time but not to the extent that I had to go from Marine Parade to Toa Payoh for Shichida (2.30pm to 4.00pm or sometimes 4.10pm) and then fly back to Marine Parade for Lorna's class at 4.30pm. Mad rush!!
No more Yamaha lesson
Thank goodness I stopped her music lesson, if not I'll die zooming to Tampines!! I stopped her class partially due to anticipation that she'll end up spending another day in school for her CCA from Primary 4 onwards. (must have the foresight mah!)

Looking for alternatives
Alternative 1 :
The Learning Lab opened a centre in Mountbatten (which is close to her school) and I did approach them for their English and Science class.
Science class - Both slots clashed with my Mondays and Tuesdays
English class - They have class on Wed @ 5.30pm and Fri @ 2.45pm. Wednesday sounds good but at 5.30pm it's a timing that I dunno whether I should go back home to have a nice shower after her long day in school and rush out or to stay outside somewhere doing homework. Last year, school was dismissed the usual time and had sufficient time to go back home to shower, though class in Lorna started an hour earlier at 4.30pm. Well, no choice. Coz' she would have to stay till 9+pm in the night and she certainly needs a shower somehow.
Friday? Good timing but same thing I'd be rushing to get the kids back home to shower after her class to get AR to her music lesson in Tampines. I KIV-ed that slot. (School - TLL - home - Tampines) I swear it was really difficult to contact Learning Lab, usually they call at that time when I was busy. And when I call them back, I'm always diverted to their voicemail. Sigh! Went ding ding dong dong alot of times. And I reckon, if Athena is a student there. I'll always have this problem of contacting the school.

Alternative 2 :
Learning Point - Heard pretty good reviews about the school. Like Learning Lab, you're suppose to undergo a test to determine whether you can go in or not. So I thought I'd give it a try.
Great! They called the next day and she's offered a place. There's a class on Wednesday. Again! Dunno why it's like a jinxed Wednesday. And there's no way I can go for the class since she has to finish off that Lorna's class for the term. They can't block the class for me till I join in next term. But it'll mean that Athena will have a "siong" first term. Took a Friday 4.15pm class.

So now, I list down their classes.. I don't even have any free day with them. ARGH! My home tuition centre can close down already. Maybe it's for their good leh? But supposedly she didn't have to go every week, I'll still have some time to sneak in some work for her.

Mondays
street-lightAT's long day in school till 3.10pm
street-light4.30pm music lesson starting with AR, AT can shower and then it's her lesson

Tuesdays
street-lightAT's CCA till 3.10pm
street-lightBerries class AR - 5pm, AT - 5.15pm


Wednesdays
street-lightAT's long day in school till 3.10pm

Thursdays
street-lightAR's Shichida - 2.30pm
street-lightAT's Lorna Whiston's class - 4.30pm (which will be scrapped off end of Term 1. In replacement will be another class in LP. Must endure for one term)

Fridays
street-lightAT's Learning Point's English in Simei - 4.15pm ends 5.45pm
street-lightAR's Music @ Yamaha Tampines

Certainly alot of adjustments to be made in their enrichment classes huh? And ... I haven't forgotten that I was suppose to find a suitable time for their swimming lesson neh? And perhaps an Art class for AR?

Hmm.... I think I know why hubby got the car for me. He knows I'll be so crazy to fly about everywhere in Singapore during the week. Looking at the days, we have more days "lunch in the car" - which means I'll have to step up to cleaning my car interior daily? It also means that I won't be in the moment I step out of the house in the morning. Duh! KZ better still be working for us.
Better still, if hubby can buy me a helicopter.

No comments: