Tuesday, October 10, 2023

On This Day - (10th Oct) #Reminders from FB#

 10th Oct 2021

*added more pics into the Chiak!吃!Makan! album


10th Oct - after eating the cookies. I drank ACV and continued drinking more water


All these came into my mind when I opened the cabinet, the fridge, when I was at the yard. Argh! Food n snacks everywhere.

Tho I'm not a rice person, I kindda miss nasi lemak.

Actually more likely I miss the sweet sambal.

I haven't had instant noodles, I like the indo goreng seasoning. Chips and GG mint cookies calling me. R.

Better put a stop to my snacking. I'II leave stomach for the last break-rules dinner



10th Oct - Dinner

Wanton noodles for self and hubby packed chilli 🦀 which I only took one small pincer. I didn't finish the noodles too. when I checked on the carbs count for wanton noodle, it's an alarming 55g!!

Stomach didn't feel good, the chilli was too hot. Good also ah!



End of my 4 days binge. Estimated I gained 2kg or perhaps a little less? (I was clothed in tonight's measurement so must factor that in)

Scary right? Just 4 days. Hubby said I ate a lot so wasn't surprised. But then it got me thinking, it took me long to lose weight and just a few days to put it back.

Will I break my cycle again? Perhaps unless it's for valid reason I will, if not I will continue to say NO!

Thank you for enduring with my nonsensical posts for the past 4 days. I won't be posting my food pics anymore. Time to be strict with myself.

加油!别放弃!

頑張って!



Re-baked the cookies and they taste good. Very sweet so drank lots of water. Feeling so bloated, but still eating.

Finished up the whole pack since nobody wanted to

eat and l can't eat after. So 吃多多吧!不要想太多了.

I definitely need the ACV again later.


10th Oct - Snack. Last one for me, the remaining for the man.


10th Oct - Lor mee!

Yummy! With lots of 醋 n pepper. Finished all and I feel so bloated. Can taste!

Headache.. dunno from the jelly cake or lor mee.




10th Oct 2020

The Class of 2020 graduated yesterday. It was a bittersweet day.

It was a graduation ceremony of a different kind. No prom dinner which is a pity, but all these are just for show only if u think abt it.

I think I was more excited than her over the gifts she got from the school, tho we knew what they'd be getting thru our Family@CJ. I was more excited at how they did their ceremony, we had a comm member going around classes to show us virtually.

The parents were in the journey with their kids. Such moment!

19 - 20mths in school with friends is not a long time (this year cut shorter). When they return back to school years down the road, they will be transported to the hiding corners where they gathered together for gossips, the tables n chairs where they slump their tired head in the mornings and late afternoons, perhaps an inconspicuous corner in the auditorium to ZZZz, the tricks the not-so-young but still not so-old-kids pulled on friends n teachers, the hall where the echos of hymns n soft murmurs of prayers (oh how can I forget - their own school song n our national anthem) are heard.


As they lit their candles 🕯️, I'm sure it was a poignant and sentimental moment for all. Kids with tears trickling down or some holding back. To the teachers coz they're used to it batch after batch, perhaps they might shed a little tear or not.

The school, at every stage, is a significant place of a growing kid's life. It's not only a place for them to learn but to forge long term friendship. One more step into uni and then it's time to kick them out into the working world.


For now, it's CHECK OUT for the time being.


#keepthelightoflearningnknowledgeburning#




10th Oct 2015

Was talking to my green fingers neighbour that I was so tempted to try to plant custard apple when hubby brought some from China for me. Then he told me in the nearby nursery, he saw dwarf mango tree and custard apple tree. 😃🤣

I think I've gone crazy. I think next time ah-lao cannot find the house which will look like a jungle.



10th Oct 2015


My daughter has a potential to be a shop display stuff. She's selling her BBW stuffs. Hahaha!






10th Oct 2014

Lil one suddenly asked us "do u know what is

SCGS?"

We: Singapore Chinese Girls School

Ari: So what is SCBS?

We: *laughing* Singapore Chinese Boys School. U're starting this school?

Ari: *burst out laughing*

We: "who's the Principal?"

Ari: Aricia!

We: "who's the VP?

Ari: Aricia!

We: who's the teacher, canteen operator, bus operator, student?

Everytime we ask one, she answers it's her.

Me: What's the enrollment? Zero?

Athena: 1! She's the 1 and only 1.



10th Oct 2013


One of her BD present that arrived late!



No comments: