Monday, July 25, 2022

A semester in London?

Big girl sent a message to me about doing a semester in London. Sound so exciting! I never knew they had such arrangement. In London somemore! 






I did some research and when I read the address Cromwell Road and was already thinking, it’s very close to the cabin crew hotel - Gloucester. It was confirmed further as I read it’s near Gloucester Station. 

I wish I can rattle off to her I know the place near her school well. Those were the days I’d walk to the station, passing by some Bombay food place in the hotel; Pret A Manger where I simply love their brownies. Not forgetting the place where I can pack a nice salad which I’ll pack for my dinner on days when we check into the hotel late. Since I hung up my kebaya, I’ve only been back to London once when che-che was 3, honestly a trip back to London is long overdue. I’d love to meet up with Terry and pay my respects to Velda, visit Karen and her lovely family. 

West End - she can finally go for some musicals. Her Prof is the one going along and she told me she’s a musical buff. Well, I think a trip back to London would be nice for her too. She’s more independent so I can safely let her go. 

Competition is stiff according to her, it’s not only the Socio students who will apply for this but the whole of UB. Only selected few will get to go. 

She will consider if she’s going to apply for it. Aiyah! Tell you this girl abit 麻烦 things she wouldn’t do. Then there’s the “what if she gets it?” she’ll only do a semester in USA. She’s attracted to the London semester as it’s the only semester that comes with work attachment. 

Came across this slides for 2017 Semester Guide. 

https://buffalo-sa.terradotta.com/_customtags/ct_FileRetrieve.cfm?File_ID=05057571744F05710202027172041C04080C0014757800006E0603067776737407747476777571060C

No comments: