Monday, June 21, 2021

More keto snacks

This time bought some items from Ketojunkie (Instagram account :  https://www.instagram.com/ketojunkie.sg/) 

23rd April (collected on 29th April)

1) x2 Thai milk tea ($19.80)
2) x1 frozen lekor ($18) the ready fried is $22
3) x1 frozen curry puff ($22) the ready fried is $26. 
Total cost $59.80. 

Verdict :
Thai milk tea - I don't mind the milk tea but che-che don't like it coz it's not sweet. She likes the one from Seriously Keto ($6.50) - coz that tastes just like the normal sweetened Thai milk tea. Ok, so at least I know SK really put lots of sugar in their drinks.  

Lekor - Che-che love the lekor. She's a fan of lekors in pasar malam only a year or 3 years back? She used to refuse to try it (so now you know where she got her junkie eating habits from) until when she decided to try it, she'd pick some up from pasar malam. But we don't go pasar malam that often in the first place. Her lekor is definitely not starchy and it's really nice. And I'm rest assured that at least my girl tho' not doing ketogenic diet is eating something healthier. 
Since it's my first purchase I got only one pack. Not enough lor! Che-che ate the most, hubby tried 2 and I only had 1! I had to deal with the mess left behind - Oil splatter. 

Curry puff - OMG! It's so nice. Much better than Ange bakes which Sandra let us try once. I love Ketojunkie's puff, it is crispy and has those swirls (which I feel is so darn difficult to do) looking really like curry puffs. The only thing is I'm not sure what Ketojunkie uses to make the puff pastry, nonetheless it should be keto friendly. [I found out later whey protein is used] 

***********************

19th May - delayed ordering coz it was nearing Raya when we were craving for it. Plus my freezer was full to the brim. Was told that refrigerated items can only lasts 2 days for lekor and 3 days for puffs. Items can last longer in freezer. My mouth is ready but freezer is not.

Finally about 8 days later .. will give me sufficient time to clear the freezer by collection date. 

27th May (collected on 3rd June)
Tak boleh tahan already. This time upped the order to total damage $242.50. 
1) Double chocolate puff (frozen) x1 ($26)
2) Sardine puff (frozen) x1 ($22) 
3) Curry puff (frozen) x1 ($22)
4) Creamy chicken mushroom puff (frozen) x1 ($24)
5) Lekor (frozen) x6 ($120)
5) Gluten-free Cream cheese rolls (fresh) x1 ($28.50)
Special request - no need chilli in lekor. 

Met Aruna for the first time. Such a friendly person. We could chat on whatsapp like long time friend like that, or maybe coz I was bored so I was more chatty. Haha! Che-che was waiting for the lekors when I got home. She greeted me with a ""When are you going to fry the lekors?"

Verdict :
Double chocolate puff is - OMG out of this world! Better than McDonald's chocolate pie where the flakes just drop on you like snowflakes, very messy if you ask me. But for this, the puff flakes drop in big piece (haha!) so it's not that messy, easy to pick up from your clothes and put it into your mouth again. Ker-siang to throw it away, $5+ for one piece of puff leh! I'll even lick the bowl to leave no traces behind.  
My pictures don't do any justice here. 

Mushroom puff - nice but if only there are more filling. I usually eat mushroom pot pie coz I love the filling. Otherwise the taste is legit.

Sardine puff - not a really a fan of sardine but thought I wanted to try. No spice no kick, but yes taste wise is not bad. 

Lekor - It's not the first time trying this BUT first time airfrying this. Lekors need to be blessed with oil before popping into the airfryer as it was boiled before batch freezing. Oil is not needed for airfrying puffs as they're deep fried once before batch freezing. 
Easy easy! No messy kitchen, just need to wash the basket and wipe airfryer's interior.  

Gluten-free cream cheese rolls - Wow! Are you sure it's gluten free? Are you sure this is keto friendly? The rolls tastes so good! Definitely want to check for recipes online. I finished the rolls in 2 days. Dangerous!  

I joked with her if she wanted a godsis, if it's alright that I volunteer to be one. I have to practice self- control. The snacks are so nice - such fitting name she calls her business. I didn't eat proper meals and had puffs and lekor. OMG! I think I kicked myself out of ketosis man! But no fault of theirs, my fault coz I have no self-control. 

************************

13th June (delivered on 20th June)
Noticed 2 more new items in their menu. Control control! 

1) Gluten-free Cream cheese rolls x2 ($57) [gifted a box to Cheryl]
2) Chicken mushroom puff x2 ($48)
3) Chocolate puff x2 ($52)
4) Curry puff x2 ($44)
5) Pizza puff x1 ($22)
5) Lekors x4 ($80)
Total cost $303. Though this is delivered, Aruna absorbed the cost of $13. So sweet of her right?

Verdict :
Pizza puff - not too bad. I'm not a fan of beef but I'm glad this doesn't taste that bad 
 


No comments: