Sunday, June 27, 2021

Ramblings on school hols and keto

School hols is coming to an end. The chauffeuring will start tomorrow, the home tuitions madness will resume.

I had been really lazy this school hols. I was happy when HBL kicked in in Week 9, so it means I didn't have to move around so much. I had so many ideas on what I wanted to do during Phase 2HA where all my tutors will do zoom lessons and I had the freedom to roam around the house with no time restrictions. 

THINGS TO DO :
- clear 2 pots of their soil and pots in PES 
- thorough scrub in our PES 
- small plants in toilets mini project
- re-organize my baking pantry with more OXO containers
- stock take on my Kiehls products, on my EOs.
- declutter the towels and unncessary bedsheets. Basically tidy and have at least 2 empty cubicle space in walk-in wardrobe 
- complete USA2019 imovie
- Go for walks with the girl /girls  
- Busy in the kitchen with non-keto and keto bakes. Perhaps do my decorated icing cookies using my projector. Do some cute cute buns etc.. so many ideas


End of 6 weeks, nothing is done. I really lazed the most this hols when I'm not doing housework and those few days that I cooked. Was busy surfing the internet, watching a bit of shows here and there, playing with the colouring app. I must admit it feels good to be doing nothing at all when I'm so totally exhausted at the routine I had been doing on a daily basis for years.
I wanted to do more home cooked food but I was getting frustrated that I couldn't taste test the food I cooked & then they don't really liked the food I cooked which in turns lead to wastage. So in the end hubby packed more often. 
 
Maybe once school starts, my engine will start up too. 

The last time I ironed clothes was on 23rd May (Week 9 of school term) clearing the school uniforms. And I ironed today - 27th June. Although it was a month ago, we didn't have that many clothes to iron. Well, we are hardly out of the house in the first place. 

I’m beginning to love this school hols. 

Even on keto. I did the lazy keto. Although I eat within what's permitted, I didn't track my macros. I may have put in more protein than fats on all days and perhaps kicked out of ketosis unknowingly. Maybe yes, maybe no? However based on this article, yes I felt my rings are tight again but it could be becoz I haven't been drinking alot of water.  

I've totally lost on idea what to cook though was looking at recipes. Looking and daydreaming, I need someone to put into action for me. or if I can cook in bulk? (but no space in fridge to store them) 

On days when I cooked for family, I was tired that I threw everything in one pot and cooked for myself. My meal really looked like dog food. 

Was too lazy to track. I did put on weight a little (by posting time lost back the weight). Dunno what to eat, wanted to take this time to fast but ended up eating ketojunkie's delicious snacks. At least I'm learning lesson from my own experience too. There's a reason why the shifus all say must avoid sweets and bakery and somehow will get addicted and can't stop. So I'm not sure with me eating ketojunkie's snacks was coz' I was addicted to bakes or was it coz' the items stacked up in freezer were an eyesore, felt the need to declutter them into my mouth. I've learnt in order to lose weight must be strict with oneself.

So coincident, a fellow keto-nian, Mabel Wee, asked this on 26th June in the FB keto group I'm following :
Just wondering if anyone 越 fast 越肥? My weight keep crawling up despite fasting, 2 meals a day occassionally omad and quite clean the eating 😅
Or did i break my fast incorrectly? Is there like a correct way to break a fast?

A few replies followed :  
Wong Heng Kelvin says
A lot of people use fasting to punish the body for weight gain instead of focusing on lowering insulin, it's an eating disorder in the low carb community really. If you are not eating enough and fasting and gaining weight, the body is telling you that you may not be eating enough nutrients and holding on to itself and water.

Sandra Tan HS
I second what Wong Heng Kelvin says
Fasting needs to be done right, your body has to be fueled and packed with nutrient dense before embarking on fasting. It should come naturally from a sense of fullness from a nutrient packed meal
When we do fasting we also need to look at our body’s needs. If you’re under eating your body will go into starvation mode and hold on to the weight
Water retention will also occur

Chris Tew Eng Ann
Probably under eat and over fast. Will be good to review your caloric intake and fasting routine.

Jacq Chan
And ya…. If your OMAD portion is big , it may create calories surplus …
Portion is one thing…
Fasting is a tool to lower our insulin level (esp for most of us who suffer from insulin resistance issue) and also for our body to have time to utilize the accumulated stored fat in body…
However, if what you are taking in is more than what you are burning, the surplus will not aid you in loose weight..,
But the fact that you can feel cloth is looser - maybe there is a change in body composition- building up some lean mass.
Therefore, what you can do now is
- look into the portion (focus on nutrient dense, never go under eating)
- don’t just look at the weight number - take in other indicators as consideration
- must rest well, hydrate well - bring down your cortisol level too

No comments: