Friday, February 5, 2021

What 2020 and 2021 would have been if without covid

The year 2020 began slow, there was no sign no clue what is to happen in a few weeks time when we ushered the new year . And then the whole world were thrown into a rut - covid19 apocalypse. When weeks turn to months, before we knew it 2020 came to an end. What a year it was! 

That got me thinking what 2020 and 2021 would have been for me if without this ass virus. 

2020
Trip to London
Terry dropped me an email on 18th Jan, after I emailed to thank him for the christmas card he sent in 2019. I haven't heard from my dear friend Velda for some time and was really happy to hear from them. Well, it was through him that I knew she was diagnosed with Alzheimers and he had been her carer since. I believed that must be reason why I haven't heard from her. 

It wasn't good news to hear definitely, I had the intention to fly up and visit her maybe in few  months' time and at the same time do a tour. I miss the theatres and museums. I want to revisit London, I want to walk down the shopping streets again. I miss walking and cursing the countless turns and flight of stairs in the tube stations. Not so for the chinese food there coz they're really expensive  - if I remember correctly it costs £5 (S$9+) for a bowl of hot and sour soup the last time I was there. 

Trip to Fukuoka
Was envious when my my Japanese girlfriend made solo trips to Singapore, so I thought I should make one on my own next time when the girls are older. I've talked about wanting to go on solo trips for so long but never got down to even plan for one. So perhaps I can switch and visit my girlfriend instead and train to another big city after that or before that. I want to taste all over again Fukuoka's Hakata ramen, which is actually just tonkotsu. However I must reiterate that the tonkotsu do tastes differently in differnt parts of Japan, and I love the superbly rich porky broth in Fukuoka      

友人と休日に行く
A trip with friend,  S? We said we can plan for a short trip to BKK, just eat, drink and be merry kind of trip with NO SIGHTSEEING. I told her coz' she'll not friend me anymore if we include sightseeing. #coziamthechiongallthewaytourist#

Of course then we didn't say when we'll make a trip together but perhaps we would have a chance in or start planning for one in 2020 or ?   

Our year-end holiday
We would have gone for our US trip. Revisit Grand Canyon and put in a few new stops. I think I'm more prepared with astrophotography (provided no stupid clouds covering the sky) so was looking forward to looking up into the sky. And this might be our last family trip with the girls having same school vacation? 

Start researching n putting things down to detail
I would have started to plan in finer details travel itinery for 2021. But as the months went by with so many cases local and worldwide, I didn't even want to mention this to anyone. I didn't want to mention too coz' I didn't want somebody to start daydreaming and neglect her studies in the process  

2021
Holiday with che-che
Had plans to bring che-che to Switzerland n maybe to Germany and Austria. I really wanted to do a mother-daughter trip with her alone before Uni starts. Although it means I won't be able to rest as much n really be on holiday mood (as I'd be scrubbing clothes and underwears n socks while she's lazing around). I will have to cook instant noodle for her when she's hungry. BUT regardless I think it'll be nice with just us. She makes a good travel companion. We have the same interests, we can walk (tho I think me getting older now means I'm not as fit as before)

As usual I'd be the tour guide , just like when I had mother-daughter trips with mom many times. the only difference is mom boiled water and cooked when I/we were hungry. 

I'd love to do the adventurous hostel stay with her. We don't need expensive hotel, we just need one with a bed and place to shower. We can take trains around and explore the towns / cities. 

Solo wellness trip to Thailand
Been wanting to go on a wellness trip, for detoxifying, for fitness, for sanity check. And maybe for astrophotography out of hotel window/balcony?

Planning for our year end holiday

We would have discussed where to go next while on holiday. And if things went according to plan, we would have gotten our tickets in Jan or Feb latest. And then I'll start reading up bit by bit. Plan a little each time. It's not that easy to plan an itinery, really!


  

No comments: