Sunday, September 11, 2016

Recollection

As I sat infront of the study table in our room, the aircon just above me blast mercilessly at me. I got up to take my blanket and wrapped it over my head; covering my legs as well. Immediately I was transported back to the years 2000 to 2002. That was the time I did evening classes with MDIS pursuing my Dip and later Adv Dip in Mass Communications. I did my studies; my projects during my flights lugging a loptop, file and tapes along. You read it right - tapes. Then I wasn't savvy about digital recorder and so passed a tape cassette recorder for my friend to help me record the lessons. I would listen to them when I'm in Singapore and overseas. Must say I'm a diciplined studious person.  
Sigh
Anyway, back to the wrapping myself up. Outstation, we weren't able to adjust the aircon temperature. Most time I'll be cold in the room. And when I was, I would bring a towel (not a duvet unless it's a single bed I'm sleeping on) and wrap myself comfortably. Sit cross-legged. Prepare my steady supplies of water and snacks and I'll push the big chair to the table and work. I can even take a 10 minutes power nap on the table in between. That's how comfortable I was. 
             

No comments: