Monday, May 15, 2023

On This Day - (15th May) #Reminders from FB#

15th May 2021

No chicky 🐓n porky 🐷 .  Staffs replenishing instant noodles. Veggies not much but not as bad. Shelf full of 🥚 . Still have toilet rolls  👍 

No mad crowd n queue here.

We also didn't buy much coz basically the freezer n fridge is kindda full. But if there's a lockdown, I definitely need to remove the boxes in freezer and anyhow stack stuffs inside.

#staysafeeveryone#




15th May 2021


Last meal outside for now.

Till then be safe everyone!




15th May 2020


Her fav so she got to learn how to make it



15th May 2020

Baking project #1


The "Famous Amos" recipe by the Malaysian lady.

Verdict - girls say it tastes just like the one we always bake 😉 .(Except for the last one which was a recipe from GR, n they don't really like it.)

Using a cookie scoop which I bought some time ago but never got to use it. So the cookies are big as compared to the ones I did all these years




15th May 2020

I always have to think thrice or even more times when I want to get something. I have to turn the "want" to

"do I really need it?" "can I use alternative ways?"

It wasn't that hard to finally decide on the compact single size sandwich maker with all the additional attachments (buy separately). I looked at this for more than a year but held onto the idea until now.

The double maker looks more fun but attachments will also come in double size. There's a hot plate with the snoopy pancake griddle but no space in kitchen cabinets. I do have another space right at the top which is still a little bare but it's troublesome to take the organ chair aka stool to the kitchen n climb up and down everytime I need appliances.

Those who have been to my house, my kitchen is like an economy FWD galley. It's that small!

So when a friend (the one who introduced this brand to me) showed me the compact hot plate, it looks really nice but do I need it? I don't need a steamer, coz usually I just use a bigger pot and put a steamer plate stand inside to steam stuffs. Do I need the griddle? Nope, I think my frying pan can do the job.

As it is I don't even have a crepe pan to make crepes.

Do I need a hot pot? I have 2 at home (single n dual pot), I don't need another one. Or I might get rid of the 2 just to replace this 1 which is like a waste of money. Friend told me there's takoyaki maker as well.

But my girls don't eat! However I don't deny the plain coloured hot plates are nice-looking, I like the red one matching with my Kitchenaid.

The appliances that I have are just what I need. juicer, a slim blender, small slow cooker, 1 small corningware are hidden behind the air fryer n hand mixer. Can't even buy a citrus juicer coz no space so

have to do it manually 😉 anyway not that we drink OJ all the time. (I do have a citrus juicer tho! It's probably at my old house 😀)

This is the small portion where my appliances are. So if nothing fits, too bad it's out of my list.

Sure, I've been looking at Thermomix. But no space on kitchen top, rather yes there's space but I won't use it to put appliances, it's my working space. And how often do I cook? Apart from this CB, I hardly cook at home. Too many sauces in my "cabinet" and some spill onto the kitchen top where my kitchenaid is. My kitchen is a total mess!

Meanwhile I'm happy with my recent small investment. Make do with our small space. While ppl have been telling me to put a shelf at our yard area to put foodstuffs. I'm totally against it, #1 it only tempts a person to buy more when you know you have the extra space. #2 yard area n the common toilet window opens there. Yucks to put food stuffs, also yard is just one floor above the open ground chute area (don't forget l'm on ground floor) n I can't imagine cockroaches finding places to go to in my house. #3 that's a nice ironing spot esp when it's so windy.

#gominimal# #stillwanttodeclutterstuffs#



Footnote written in 2023 : all problem solved when you just get rid of items to get one Thermomix. 😉 

15th May 2020

Toy to the test 

Lil' one gave a long speech on not liking toasted bread but she don't mind Toastbox bread (yah! What's the difference?). So this is mine. Hmm...abit charred

She thought the taiyaki attachment is snoopy shaped.

Was disappointed when I told her it's not.



Che-che's one - usually she like hers with egg, sausage patty and her atas imported cheese. And it's usually oven toasted for her.

But coz it'll be too thick with patty with this maker so just did egg n cheese for her.

Cheese spilled out. Cannot waste so picked up the cheese n put it on her plate. Haha!

Shortened timing end up bread didn't look toasted, added another min and ....gasp! charred again.

#timetoreplenishcheese#



15th May 2013


Cookies? Swiss roll? Macaroons? Cupcake? Eclair?

Hmm... Hands itching to bake next week. So what to bake first?



15th May 2013


Should I panic or not? Hvnt finished revision for tmrw and I still send her to nap. Ehh... I complain hugging Buddha leg but been letting her nap this whole week.

Sigh.....



15th May 2013


A thoughtful gift from Maxine dear.

Thank you very much!



15th May 2010 


Was burning datas into the disc in desktop when I saw these.




15th May 2010


relaxed; blogged; on FB ...... nuah ×3. From tomorrow onwards,

for the next 5 weeks - I'll slog x3. Haha! I think so…...maybe end up blogging instead of working/ cleaning the house.

Maybe I pretend and go hire part-time cleaners to clean my house

instead and then claim credit. Hee! Meanwhile, KZ is working extra hard to clean the grouts in the living area; the walls. Springcleaning, 3rd time since CNY.



15th May 2010 


Minor renovations in the house which made me superbly busy. Don't even have time for mei-mei's home session. Plus che-che's upcoming exams.

Argh!

More photos in my blog


28th April - their room


28th April -

Officially day 1 of using their study room. Room is still in a mess coz' I was still unpacking stuffs



29th April -

Suppose to fix mirror on 28th April. Pushed out piano & organ. Then guy measure wrongly, had to come back next day. If our house being in a mess is not bad enough, it was like a maze!! Think - it's only temporary

Finally on 29th, they came and fixed it up. But... I had to leave the wooden planks till the next night. Sigh...

another Labyrinth to go through



3rd May -

Eyesore! Newspaper everywhere



3rd May -

Painting Day 1: We're a refugee in our own home. Had to ask them to leave one room unpainted for me first.

Good thing the cabinets served as a table top for the time being



Their room - not quite the Castle they were expecting. I didn't promise them any castle hor! Dunno what gave them the impression I was to turn my small home into one for them.



'A' stands for Athena & Aricia. Can't hang this in the middle of the partition, it dropped midnight!



This went on the wall above their headboard.

Still pondering if I should do a canopy for them, I only worry about dust collection.


Their cushion.Iron-ed out names on each cushion


Their hangers. Handmade design

Their tissue box. Personalized for them.


Simple table organizer for their study room







No comments: