Thursday, March 14, 2019

Sakura 2019

Singapore, the country that can never grow sakuras ironically has flowers that blossomed before the cherry blosssoms in Japan. 


Thanks to the invention of plane and (probably I'm guessing) chemical to hasten the process of plant thriving and blooming. You will surely know when the season is too when shops embark on this pretty pink craze and you'll see merchandise and sakura infused food or sakura designed food.  

See! Even Bakerzin jumped into the band wagon.


Celebrate Hanami with These Sakura-themed Items. Click here 

Sakura Matsuri gets me really excited all the time. It's lovely to walk in the cooling Flower Dome, admiring the cherry blossom trees with low hanging branches bursting out from their buds to petite flowers. It's sad that cherry blossoms don't last that long reminding us of life's fleeting moments.

For 3 years, my friends (YL, ML) and I would make a trip down together and we will continue for as long as our friendship lasts. 

This is an interesting link on the varieties of sakuras. Click here

It's a good thing that I'm a GBB member, so I can go as many times as I want. (I made my money worth) I'd usually go at least 2 times each flower display to get some pictures. But sakura is one where I can go as many as 4 to 5 times.

On this day, I went twice. Once in the morning with YL and ML and late noon with the girls. 







2nd part of the day















































No comments: