Sunday, August 27, 2017

Planning for 2018

I know this sounds crazy, really crazy. It's coming to the end of Term 3 and I have to think ahead for next year as well as the current final exams. I already have a yearly calendar printed out (to see everything in a glance) and marked the girls' major exam next year. Yes, you're reading it correct. I don't have one kid taking her major exam next year BUT TWO! 我会变成白发妈妈


I need to plan. I always plan. The square rigid me is too systematic. However I made the mistake of not being too square planning well during che-che's P6, I didn't know how fast things would go when P6 came. I procrastinated in her revision in P5 and thought that once the new year starts she could start her studying and revising. It was horrible, trying to cope with the extra workload from school; tuition works; tuitions; SYF. We basically got pushed by the big waves from one month to another; one test to another. Chop chop fast fast. No time to breath, almost as bad as a woman about to give birth trying to do her deep breathing in between contractions. I've got my life vest on, I guess I won't sink

So this time, I had the dates of when this year's (2017) P6s and Sec 4s exams are and jot them down for 2018. There could be slight changes definitely but at least I'll know when I need to mugged the two girls; when I need to start confiscating che-che's handphone.  

Sigh...........why do I feel like I'm going for war? 

I hope I'll manage better with sufficient time for revisions this time round. Things are slightly different between the two girls. Because che-che was in Handbells - niche CCA, extra time and commitment was needed for practices plus SYF was so timely in her final year. So for lil' one's case, I was at peace when she couldn't get into Dance (as SYF would also be in her P6 year) and gladly chose modular CCAs for her. But it also means no DSA option.

I've moved some of lil' one's tuitions to weekends so that she can have some time during the weekday to finish up school homeworks and do some revisions. I can't have the best of both worlds, so I'm taking some precious family time for the kids' studies. 
Recently, I've cut down one tuition. She asked for it and assured me that she'll do her best for this SA2 as well as next year. I told her if she don't maintain her standard for her composition (normally scoring 37 to 38 out of 40 for chinese compo. English compo? Total opposite lor! ), I'll put her back. Threaten only lah! I can't wait to lax... all I need to do every Wednesdays from now onwards is to bring her to I12 to do her homework and pack dinner. She has approximately 1hr 45mins before I pick che-che up from school, hopefully that will help to keep us sane.       
   
Wish me luck!

No comments: