Thursday, July 25, 2019

Feeling so proud of myself

I’m so proud of myself.

It’s coming to the end July and Teacher’s Day gifts 🎁 are all packed. This is a much earlier completion date so far, in all my years of preparing gifts for the teachers, some of them clamouring till 1-2weeks before the day. Of course this is only made possible because I have one task less to do now - academics with lil’ one.
The other reason why I’m so proud of myself is that I’ve finally accomplished an iron-on. I have always been fearful of iron-ons, so many “what if”s pop into my mind whenever I consider iron-on and then I’ll change idea and end up preparing other gifts. This comes at a time when ideas are all running dry.

Teachers Day gifts are getting lesser and lesser, which is good news. Che-che never once gifted anything to her secondary teachers. Even for her favourite Math teacher in Sec 3 and 4, all she did was to write a note to the teacher on testpad paper 🤪 .
The gifts are for tutors and primary school teachers, their favourite ones. I guess once lil’ one has no time to go back to primary school during Teacher’s Day will be the day / year onwards I can stop preparing for the primary teachers. Which I believe the day will come soon. Che-che only made it once back to primary school, when she was in Sec 1, the next 3 years after were rather impossible for her to go back as they were dismissed from school late.

Nonetheless, it’s something that I’ve designed personally for each teacher, a work from my heart.

No comments: