Wednesday, December 6, 2023

On This Day - (6th Dec) #Reminders from FB#

6th Dec 2022

Let me blast my music.

Usually I'm quite considerate when family members are home and use AirPods but not today. No more SSO concerts for Athena Ting

& I this year, so this amplified 🎶 is what I really need




6th Dec 2022

Feeling so shiok.... alone at home

Man went back office for the day; girls are out for their siblings outing.

I really needed this solitude life, where I can listen to MY music in the background without any other music coming from other rooms and when I just cut back on housework (vacum n mop only) and ->

1) tidy up my phone photos; clear the previous holiday pictures I thought I had completed my 2019's holiday, turns out I had 2 days left for imovies.

My 2021's still 4 days. I always have interruptions on normal days that I have things done halfway here and there) It's always the time I clear my photos in phone to only store more photos in just a few days time.

2) update my blog. Too many in the drafts folder.

Argh!

3) doing nothing but laze on bed and listen to music. (unlikely I can do this)



6th Dec 2022


Just as I was writing the previous post, lil' one messaged me.




6th Dec 2022

and they're back after 5hrs 😩

"ssh don't talk" - guess who I gave this instructions to 🤣



6th Dec 2018


Travelling back with the girls whilst the man is working hard to feed us 😜

For the first time the girls can't wait to get back home



6th Dec 2017

It's our first time in a themed restaurant here. Tourist aka suaku lil' one taking pics



Hmm.....taste so-so. I think trying it once is enough.



6th Dec 2017

Our first time going for a ballet performance - all this

"for lil' one". I have to really stress the ".." Few hours earlier, che-che asked "is there any orchestra or r they playing from tape?" I was mentally prepared that che-che is only looking forward to the music; lil' one is there for the dance. I'm there as the chaperon.

Ballet — umm.....it's nice but I prefer ballroom dancing. I watched short videos of ballet performance, they r not short but I cut it short (if u know what I mean) so this is an eye-opener for a live performance. 3rd row and I think I made a mistake, ballet performance shouldn't be watched that close?

I can hear the "thump" sometimes as they come down. Not sure if Swan Lake should be next, but if so.. it will be rows away and che-che can stay at home.

Only 3rd Act? I was already getting bored with the same twirling n turning, same poses. About to fall 😴 . It's just me.

They dance really beautifully. Everytime they do a dance step, I told myself "if only my taichi girl can have 1/4 of that ballerina's finesse.. If only ... if only!" Ballet is just not for me. Maybe if it's only less than 45mins I think I can appreciate ballet. I prefer the quick 'get it over and done with' ballroom dancing where dancer dance from this side of the stage n get out on the other side. Not the "omg still dowan to leave stage n keeps turning around"

I finally associate the music to the dance. I have music sheets; listened to them before but just didn't know when it was played. So my hands were tapping along to the music.

End of performance. I turned to che-che and saw her eyes were red. I think she was yawning away, and the final one I witnessed it. "So boring. turn n turn only!" Lil' one says she likes it. I said I was bored even before the intermission, Che tolerated longer than me

- after the intermission. Che n I prefer musicals. Lil' one was picked up from the rubbish bin so she has different interest.

On our journey home, che started listening to her classical music and though classical music was played during the performance, this is so different. At least I don't picture the twirling with the music and get myself hypnotized.

#ballet# #givememusicalanytime#


6th Dec 2010


Girl doing Compehension for me, then asks me to explain some "chim" words used. It was a passage about Farming methods. I explained a little, when got to the part about holes in leaves. She tells me "it must be good plant that's why they eat. So next time look for more holes in vegetables." (lol) Then, came to ladybird, she told me she read before that how many spots are good ladybirds; how many are bad.


6th Dec 2010


cont'd: Trying hard to get her back on track with me, next passage talks about slugs. She tells me "ai yoh! just use salt to kill slugs lah!" Haha! I'm amazed! That girl has superb memory and knowledge of things she reads. That's the way to go girl. She can be an organic farmer next time





No comments: