Saturday, December 23, 2023

Accident report

Yesterday a motorcycle knocked into me when my vehicle was stationary waiting for traffic lights to turn green. It wasn’t a loud bang but as I got down from the car I noticed a bus driver winding down his window and saying something to him unhappily. I think maybe the motorcyclist was forced into a tight corner and hit my car? I didn’t see what happened. 

The motorcyclist was shocked and I received no apologies, I think he also didn’t know how to respond. My car looked alright except for yellow marks on the side (top left pic), his motorcycle looked 😮 where the panel where the headlight is came off and was dangling. I checked to see if he’s alright, so since it’s a scratch I can clean it off. Actually we were at an area where the traffic build up is horrible so I want to move off quickly too. Checked to see if he’s really alright before I drove off. 

Back at my carpark, I managed to clean off the yellow colour (top right pic) still got scratch but …whose car is perfect anyway?

Today as I got down from the passenger seat I noticed this part jutting out. Lil’ one said she saw it ystd while she was shining the torch for me, I didn’t see it coz of where I was standing. It doesn’t look that bad I think I can push back. 

Push the jutting part down and managed to push it back. It’s now sui sui and I wonder how much would it cost for his repairs. 

This is the second time a motorcyclist knocked into me. First time was along CTE. All the cars infront of me started braking so I braked as well, i saw a motorcycle a distance behind me so I applied brakes a few times. When I finally stopped I was 1.5 car length away (which thankfully didn’t result in any chain accident). 5 secs later I heard a bang. Fella didn’t pay attention to road and braked too late so hit my car. He started apologising immediately. I checked on his well-being. Was afraid that I’d report and I assured him I won’t report since it’s only a scratch.




No comments: