Thursday, December 28, 2023

On This Day - (28th Dec) #Reminders from FB}

28th Dec 2021
added 12 photos and 4 videos to the album US2021.

DAY 18 (27th Dec): Another relaxing day. Check out day.


Footnote written in 2022 : And then ..... this date (28th) last year would be Day 01 of our extended stay.

We were tired out the day before as we only managed to check in close to 12am. Out the whole day, only to be rejected with the + result. Re-rent a new car, rebook hotel, dropped by supermarket to re-stock.

All woke up on 28th weary. Not knowing what will happen and how long are we going to be stuck here.

Lil' one's school how? Tuition how? She only brought 2 revision guide with her. Lucky I had some science notes saved in pdf, another tutor emailed her with notes. I wasn't worried about che-che as uni only starts late Jan. The man can work remotely but no laptop (haha!) unless we all go all SD, his office in West Coast đŸ˜Ŧ



Lil' one got what she wanted.

Kindda lazed around the day, checked out close to noon, had lunch, went outlet mall just to kill time coz we were waiting for our PCR results.



Ehh..... guess what?! One of us tested positive!!

We were really surprised as we were very careful with the sanitizer and alcohol spray n masked up all the time.

And only one? Not all? Strange right? We all went to the same place; I sprayed the whatever things I needed to spray; we sanitize our hands the same time.

And we did our own ART test just 2 days ago in hotel and all





We thought if there could be a mix up with the test, so went to airport to do a ART. So we thought perhaps I can go back with lil' one and the man stays behind with big girl but we had to check with SQ and see what they say.

ART results came back +, so..... end of the day the family has to stay the only one is +. Well it makes sense too. How long? We dunno.....

And so here goes our "B#*I# travel vlog #2". Not that we're all so happy with this extended holiday. It's uncertainty for us as we wouldn't know when she'll be cleared and we all also remain clear.



There we go again

*ding ding* ROUND 2



So while the aircraft was ready for boarding, we had to deliberately miss our flight. The 2 strangers must be really happy to get all 3 seats to themselves for this long flight home. I'd like to think we're doing a good deed, so Buddha and God pls give us a - soon so we can all go back


Picked car

Grabbed dinner.

And for the first time, a dining place asked for vaccination certs!! Clever me, always standby this n that, my family can't do without me. I think of every possible consideration. Keke! Self-praise.



Then a quick drop by at nearby Ralph's. So we're now staying in DTLA.

How long? We must have to usher the New Year here in LA

• Leila Fagaly you asked this question right? So come n usher with us together?? No, no I'm joking. Don't come near us.



At this time the plane is 


somewhere here..



while we're here in LA LA LA



cont'd from header :

Then it's Check in Day.

I had to quickly wash undergarments n the socks that I initially wanted to bring home to wash.

So this is the setback of bringing only 3 sets of those items and 2 sets of bedroom clothes.

Che-che and lil' one had to help me iron it dry quickly.



Omg! I disposed all these items!!

Tho I was happy that I still have my cookpot. If worst come to worst I'll have to do ala-squat for the whole family. BUT I threw away the dishwashing sponge!

I didn't dispose the washing detergent. I don't have enuf for now.



Che-che asked me to wash her bear.

She didn't want her bear to be + (I said this)

I can't get it that clean as I want it to be coz I use vinegar n baking soda at home to whiten her bear. But she says it's ok, just get rid of whatever I can now and will wash again back home.



For all to know she's well, of course I'll be watching her.

She seems positive and even commented "I'm vaccinated."

I did mention to a friend we'll play all caution when we travel but if we really suay to be stuck in a situation then really suay lor. We sanitize, mask, spray alcohol etc.. all same time how come only 1 kena? Ah girl can look on the positive side, "at least I have the antibodies in me now." And the it's inconvenient to the man n lil' one, we'll just have to solve the problem as it comes.

Maybe we can open up that box of monopoly we bought n play? We'll probably finish the goodies we bought for family members đŸ˜Ŧ

?

Whatever it is, the family will stay together and fight together.




28th Dec 2021

Bear bear? Earrings?

Things I said each time we check out of room.

Che-che's precious bear which will follow her wherever she goes. I fondly rmbr how she'll hug that small bear and rub its nose with her eyes closed.

Now the bear is nose-less đŸ¤Ŗ




28th Dec 2019


For the cheerful 🌈  person who loves to organise their bookshelf in such way.

 Not me tho!




28th Dec 2017

The always eating girl. But she never seems to put on weight.


Clam Chowder

 

Crab and prawn dunno what..


28th Dec 2016

Waiting...... at æ¸Šé‡Žčœã—ã‚ƒãļしゃãļ、

I lost count the number of times we had Japanese cuisine this trip. Feels like we went to Japan instead 😅



28th Dec 2016

Just like Athena Ting like that. Don't take veggies n fruits. 😅




28th Dec 2016


Someone wants to try it out ..........

And she's loving it.



28th Dec 2014

Waiting ... Waiting for our 🍗 🍗 . Haven't stepped

into Parkway Parade foodcourt for weeks...

Sitting here and lao-nuah already 👅  đŸ’Ļ 



28th Dec 2013

Thinking abt my 328 laksa, Kim Choo rice dumpling, oneh oneh, kueh kosui, yong toufu n popiah in 112.

Ok.... I get the idea.... When the withdrawal symptoms comes in means l've missed them too long.

When school starts, I'm gonna hang out along that stretch of road.


No comments: