Friday, December 8, 2023

Herbal drink paste

Wintermelon drink is one of my favourite when I have my meals outside (when not on keto). To my surprise there's a Thermomix recipe on wintermelon paste.

Not on keto and with Ms Thermie idling in the kitchen, I set her to work finally! I had to throw one small piece of cut wintermelon away just coz I couldn't find the time to do so and it turned a little mushy. Thank goodness for Sheng Shiong opposite us which sells so much cheaper than from NTUC.    

After dinner, finally got my act together to make wintermelon paste. I tweaked the recipe.
1) substitute the dark brown sugar with white sugar coz I don’t have that at home
2) I used golden luo han guo as I only buy that. This affects the end result as taste is slightly different between the golden and traditional luo han Guo.
3) I didn’t want to be left with 20g of dried longans so threw the whole packet in
🤣
Ms Thermie needed an hour to work, so used the time to put back the crockeries, put the sauces back into their rightful place (from cooking dinner) and cleaned the dirty kitchen. Had a shower and Ms Thermie was still working hard. I was left with 14mins to finally sit down and rest my tired feet.
End result : taste not bad though I feel it taste more of longan-y instead of wintermelon. Muahaha! 可以啦!可以啦!自己夸自己开心.
Next time I’ll make with my sweeteners and omit longans, won’t taste like the original recipe taste for sure but at least it’s compliant.

Into two bottles and one will pass to mom 


Since I had some paste stuck to the thermomix and I needed to wash out some, I added water to boil and used the liquid as base for the glutinous riceballs in the freezer. #clearingstuffsfromfreezertotummy# 


Read this page on wintermelon and carbs

No comments: